Old 08-10-2008, 04:20 AM
"Jerry Williams"

Default F10A Blue Knight Rider - KITT are we there yet?

The Fedora 10 Alpha reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider
only Blue instead of red.

Â*

My problem with it is there is no indication at to how much
longer it might be.

Are we there yet?

Â*

I have issues now and then where it just goes back and forth
forever.

Alt+F1 nothing, Alt anything nothing. Â*Just nice Blue
bar going back and forth.

No keys seem to do anything.

Only option is reboot.

Â*

I guess Windows Vista does about the same thing only it is
Green and wraps around.

Â*

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterStartup

Â*

Does the blue bar going back and forth really mean that
anything is going on?

Â*

I would like something that shows I am doing I/O or that it
isn’t hung on something like sendmail and name resolution.

Or that the box is booted and now it is running rc scripts.

Â*

Another thing on my wish list is a log of how things started
or didn’t start up.Â* HP does this in /etc/rc.log

Kind of a tee of what goes to the console also goes to a log
file, so you can see if start up scripts have extra garbage or are sending
output that they shouldn’t be.

Most of the boxes I deal with the console doesn’t get
looked at very often.

It would be nice to see how things started up and if there
are any issues.

Â*

I know this is Alpha and I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s
feelings.

Â*

Jerry Williams

Â*