Old 08-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Kevin Kofler

Default Strange popen behavior on xen builders?

Orion Poplawski <orion <at> cora.nwra.com> writes:
> I'm running into some very strange behavior trying to build plplot which
> uses cmake.

We've also seen this with KDE 4 builds (perhaps not surprisingly, as KDE 4 also
uses cmake). Just yesterday I had to cancel and resubmit a konq-plugins build
for that reason, I wanted to report it, but you were quicker. :-)

IIRC, I have only seen this on F10 x86_64 builds.

Kevin Kofler

Old 08-08-2008, 01:51 AM

> Orion Poplawski <orion <at> cora.nwra.com> writes:
>> I'm running into some very strange behavior trying to build plplot which
>> uses cmake.
>
> We've also seen this with KDE 4 builds (perhaps not surprisingly, as KDE 4
> also
> uses cmake). Just yesterday I had to cancel and resubmit a konq-plugins
> build
> for that reason, I wanted to report it, but you were quicker. :-)
>
> IIRC, I have only seen this on F10 x86_64 builds.

Any idea when it started? I built cmake 2.6.1 on the 5th...

- Orion

Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Orion Poplawski

Kevin Kofler wrote:

Orion Poplawski <orion <at> cora.nwra.com> writes:
I'm running into some very strange behavior trying to build plplot which
uses cmake.

We've also seen this with KDE 4 builds (perhaps not surprisingly, as KDE 4 also
uses cmake). Just yesterday I had to cancel and resubmit a konq-plugins build
for that reason, I wanted to report it, but you were quicker. :-)

IIRC, I have only seen this on F10 x86_64 builds.

Filed bug #459442 as I have a simple test case. Once everything is back
up we can test again.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
Orion Poplawski

Orion Poplawski wrote:
Filed bug #459442 as I have a simple test case. Once everything is back
up we can test again.

It appears that the pipe2 syscall on the x86_64 xen kernels is broken
and that rawhide glibc has moved to using pipe2 from pipe in rawhide.

This seems like a blocker to me.

Old 08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Orion Poplawski

Orion Poplawski wrote:

Orion Poplawski wrote:
Filed bug #459442 as I have a simple test case. Once everything is
back up we can test again.

It appears that the pipe2 syscall on the x86_64 xen kernels is broken
and that rawhide glibc has moved to using pipe2 from pipe in rawhide.

This seems like a blocker to me.

Okay, looks like a known issue with the xen kernels. New test kernels
are available, see the bug for more info. We should get a fixed version
onto the Fedora xen builders very soon, and maybe disable them until
they can be fixed?