Old 07-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Tanguy Eric

Default Presto

Will presto be a feature for fedora 10 ?
Thanks
Eric

Old 07-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Casey Dahlin

Tanguy Eric wrote:

Will presto be a feature for fedora 10 ?
Thanks
Eric

We're hoping so

I just committed some changes to presto that should make it easier to
work with from a developer perspective, which in turn should speed its
introduction into Bodhi. Luke Macken is working on the Bodhi
integration. Once that's done, there shouldn't be any obstacles to
deploying it for F10.

--CJD

Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Josh Boyer

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 15:37 -0400, Casey Dahlin wrote:
> Tanguy Eric wrote:
> > Will presto be a feature for fedora 10 ?
> > Thanks
> > Eric
> >

> We're hoping so
>
> I just committed some changes to presto that should make it easier to
> work with from a developer perspective, which in turn should speed its
> introduction into Bodhi. Luke Macken is working on the Bodhi
> integration. Once that's done, there shouldn't be any obstacles to
> deploying it for F10.

Bodhi works for updates. What are you going to do for rawhide? We
_really_ want it working on rawhide first to get good testing.

josh

Old 07-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Peter Gordon

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 20:39 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Bodhi works for updates. What are you going to do for rawhide? We
> _really_ want it working on rawhide first to get good testing.

As another plus, Rawhide tends to have far more churn than a stable
release (daily updates of a few hundred MB often are not unexpected from
my experiences).

Having a delta-based update system would decrease these amounts
considerably (especially for mass-rebuilds and similar), which could in
turn give more people (such as dial-up users, etc.) the opportunity to
help test/break it.
--
´╗┐Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
DD68 A414 56BD 6368 D957 9666 4268 CB7A FFC1 9479

Old 07-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Josh Boyer wrote:

Will presto be a feature for fedora 10 ?
Thanks
Eric

We're hoping so

I just committed some changes to presto that should make it easier to
work with from a developer perspective, which in turn should speed its
introduction into Bodhi. Luke Macken is working on the Bodhi
integration. Once that's done, there shouldn't be any obstacles to
deploying it for F10.

Bodhi works for updates. What are you going to do for rawhide? We
_really_ want it working on rawhide first to get good testing.

https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/160 for discussions. Whoever is
working on this should probably get in touch with Spacewalk developers
(or viceversa).

https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/DeltaRpmSupport

Rahul

Old 07-30-2008, 01:51 AM
Jesse Keating

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 20:39 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Bodhi works for updates. What are you going to do for rawhide? We
> _really_ want it working on rawhide first to get good testing.

We asked him to look at the bodhi case as well, as having it in rawhide
doesn't help much come release time. The work he's doing to make it
work with bodhi will only help along the work for rawhide.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom▓ is a feature!