Old 07-29-2008, 05:38 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

Default F10 Alpha relnotes one-pager

The F10 (Cambridge) Alpha release notes one-page is stubbed out and
ready for filling in.

In particular, you all want to put content under this section:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Alpha/ReleaseNotes#Release_Overview

It is generally broken in to:

* Desktop
* Applications
* System

That is our working structure for these one-sheet notes.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41

Old 07-29-2008, 05:53 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 10:38 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> The F10 (Cambridge) Alpha release notes one-page is stubbed out and
> ready for filling in.
>
> In particular, you all want to put content under this section:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Alpha/ReleaseNotes#Release_Overview
>
> It is generally broken in to:
>
> * Desktop
> * Applications
> * System
>
> That is our working structure for these one-sheet notes.

And Karsten's right, you *do* want to put content into this page. The
press is paying attention to our feature and punch lists. You don't
need to write anything fancy, the Docs team can help with that part.
You may even be able to copy from the feature page, if you think what
you have there works well.

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 17:53 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 10:38 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > The F10 (Cambridge) Alpha release notes one-page is stubbed out and
> > ready for filling in.
> >
> > In particular, you all want to put content under this section:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Alpha/ReleaseNotes#Release_Overview
> >
> > It is generally broken in to:
> >
> > * Desktop
> > * Applications
> > * System
> >
> > That is our working structure for these one-sheet notes.
>
> And Karsten's right, you *do* want to put content into this page. The
> press is paying attention to our feature and punch lists. You don't
> need to write anything fancy, the Docs team can help with that part.
> You may even be able to copy from the feature page, if you think what
> you have there works well.

Its a bit hard to know what to put there, though.

"Around the time the alpha was frozen", session management may have been
busted...".

Are there candidate isos for the alpha available for inspection
somewhere ?

Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

> Its a bit hard to know what to put there, though.
>
> "Around the time the alpha was frozen", session management may have been
> busted...".
>
> Are there candidate isos for the alpha available for inspection
> somewhere ?

Several things to keep in mind:

1. This wiki page should be updated even after the Alpha ISO is
released. It is a living set of notes.

2. Your testing audience is your first focus, tech journalists second.

3. Tell people what you want them to test.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:54 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 11:09 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 13:56 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > Its a bit hard to know what to put there, though.
> >
> > "Around the time the alpha was frozen", session management may have been
> > busted...".
> >
> > Are there candidate isos for the alpha available for inspection
> > somewhere ?
>
> Several things to keep in mind:
>
> 1. This wiki page should be updated even after the Alpha ISO is
> released. It is a living set of notes.
>
> 2. Your testing audience is your first focus, tech journalists second.
>
> 3. Tell people what you want them to test.

Thanks for clarifying this, Karsten.