Old 07-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Daniel Drake

Default trouble building OLPC's evince fork

Hi,

I'm new to RPM building, so apologies if I am missing anything obvious.

For OLPC we need to build our forked version of evince. Our forked
version is a little out of date, and requires a poppler version older
than the one in F9.

We'll update our evince fork and hopefully get things upstreamed soon,
but for now we need things working for our efforts to stabilise our new
software builds.

So, I first built our old poppler version in the OLPC-3 disttag, as
poppler-0.6.2-5.olpc3:
That seems to have worked.

Next, locally, I have modified our sugar-evince spec file to do this:

%define poppler_version 0.6.2-5
BuildRequires: poppler-devel = %{poppler_version}

I tried to scratch build it, but it failed:

The error seems to be:
DEBUG util.py:250: No Package Found for poppler-devel = 0.6.2-5

Why is it unable to find that build?
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Daniel

Old 07-28-2008, 02:45 PM
"Debarshi Ray"

Looks like the poppler you just built is not yet in the Koji
buildroots. You could try a chain build [1] in this case.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/UsingKoji#Chained_builds

Old 07-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Rex Dieter

Daniel Drake wrote:

> So, I first built our old poppler version in the OLPC-3 disttag, as
> poppler-0.6.2-5.olpc3:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=57583
> That seems to have worked.
>
> Next, locally, I have modified our sugar-evince spec file to do this:
>
> %define poppler_version 0.6.2-5
> BuildRequires: poppler-devel = %{poppler_version}
>
> I tried to scratch build it, but it failed:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=743472

NOTE: 0.6.2-5 != 0.6.2-5.olpc3

-- Rex

Old 07-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Daniel Drake

On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 09:49 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > I tried to scratch build it, but it failed:
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=743472
>
> NOTE: 0.6.2-5 != 0.6.2-5.olpc3

Thanks! That was the problem.

Daniel

Old 07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Kevin Kofler

Daniel Drake <dsd <at> laptop.org> writes:
> For OLPC we need to build our forked version of evince. Our forked
> version is a little out of date, and requires a poppler version older
> than the one in F9.

While actually using the new Poppler's features requires more work, simply
getting it to build with it shouldn't be that much work.

AFAICT you only need this changeset, which is fairly small:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evince?view=revision&revision=2965
and this one (just a trivial fix) too if you want it to still work with the old
poppler:
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evince?view=revision&revision=2967

(I know this isn't the question you asked, but Rex Dieter already answered that
one. ;-) )

Kevin Kofler