Old 07-28-2008, 04:28 AM
"Gilboa Davara"

Default OT: (?) Calling on Fedora/RedHat ML managers to clean up Fedora-list.

Hello all,

It seems that Fedora-list have replaced Fedora-devel as the prime
staging place for useless, 100-post-long political debates.
As far as I could count, there are at-least 4 different political
threads current running in -users: (All by the same individuals, BTW)
- "Misunderstanding GPL's terms and conditions as restrictions"
- "That old GNU/Linux argument"
- "A long rebuttal to the Linux-is-the-engine fallacy"
- "Why is Fedora not a Free GNU/Linux distributions?"

Now I am aware that I could setup a toll filter, deleting all messages
that are being posted by said individuals (I already do), but
never-the-less, filling my Internet pipe with 100's of useless
messages is -very- annoying.

Would it be possible to create a Fedora-policy ML and get people to
stop spamming (either willingly or by using blacklists) the main MLs?

Thanks,
- Gilboa