Old 07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Warren Togami

Default Rawhide Orphanarium Purged

aasaver
AGReader
freenx
gnome-applet-tvn24
gnome-ppp
kbiof
lipstik
man-pages-da
MegaMek
nautilus-share
sinjdoc
system-summary
system-switch-java
xeuphoric

These packages have been removed from rawhide. Please let rel-eng know
if you want to revive a retired package.

moodss
moomps

These packages are newly orphans in the last week. If they are not
claimed soon they may be removed before F10 beta.

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Old 07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Itamar - IspBrasil

freenx is cool.

there are a way to do anything about freenx

Old 07-25-2008, 03:50 PM
"Joe Harnish"

See:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-July/msg01062.html

Old 07-25-2008, 04:15 PM
"Bill Crawford"

2008/7/25 Warren Togami <wtogami@redhat.com>:

> lipstik

Anyone have any idea how much work would be involved in porting this to KDE4?

Old 07-25-2008, 06:45 PM
Dennis Gilmore

On Friday 25 July 2008, Warren Togami wrote:

> sinjdoc
With the removal of sinjdoc gcj now requires openjdk for javadoc. due to a
bug its been that way at buildtime for awhile now. but sinjdoc was a Requires
and worked for runtime javadoc needs. but now the only javadoc parser is in
openjdk. IMO this is bad.

--
Dennis Gilmore

Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Warren Togami

Dennis Gilmore wrote:

On Friday 25 July 2008, Warren Togami wrote:

sinjdoc
With the removal of sinjdoc gcj now requires openjdk for javadoc. due to a
bug its been that way at buildtime for awhile now. but sinjdoc was a Requires
and worked for runtime javadoc needs. but now the only javadoc parser is in
openjdk. IMO this is bad.

This was on the orphan list with repeated warnings for weeks. I'll
unblock it now, but someone really needs to take ownership if it is
important.

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Old 07-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Josh Boyer

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 13:45:39 -0500
Dennis Gilmore <dennis@ausil.us> wrote:

> On Friday 25 July 2008, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > sinjdoc
> With the removal of sinjdoc gcj now requires openjdk for javadoc. due to a
> bug its been that way at buildtime for awhile now. but sinjdoc was a Requires
> and worked for runtime javadoc needs. but now the only javadoc parser is in
> openjdk. IMO this is bad.

Why is that bad?

josh

Old 07-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Andrew Bartlett

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:44 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:

> nautilus-share

The purpose of this tool is to make it easier to share folders with
windows clients (using Samba) - users get the ability to share their own
folders.

It is sad to see it so unloved, but it really needs to be part of the
default configuration of the Samba deamon (as having to edit the
smb.conf is the part it was trying to avoid).

It would be nice to see a Fedora owner for it again some day, them maybe
Samba won't be the target of the linux-hater as much :-)

http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2008/07/of-silos-and-samba.html

(I think this tool got written when SuSE was working really hard on
making this stuff 'just work' for their distribution).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc. http://redhat.com

Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Deepak Bhole

* Warren Togami <wtogami@redhat.com> [2008-07-25 15:09]:
> Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>> On Friday 25 July 2008, Warren Togami wrote:
>>
>>> sinjdoc
>> With the removal of sinjdoc gcj now requires openjdk for javadoc. due to
>> a bug its been that way at buildtime for awhile now. but sinjdoc was a
>> Requires and worked for runtime javadoc needs. but now the only javadoc
>> parser is in openjdk. IMO this is bad.
>
> This was on the orphan list with repeated warnings for weeks. I'll unblock
> it now, but someone really needs to take ownership if it is important.

Done. I am now the owner of sinjdoc.

Deepak

Old 07-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Bastien Nocera

On Sat, 2008-07-26 at 10:30 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 11:44 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > nautilus-share
>
> The purpose of this tool is to make it easier to share folders with
> windows clients (using Samba) - users get the ability to share their own
> folders.
>
> It is sad to see it so unloved, but it really needs to be part of the
> default configuration of the Samba deamon (as having to edit the
> smb.conf is the part it was trying to avoid).
>
> It would be nice to see a Fedora owner for it again some day, them maybe
> Samba won't be the target of the linux-hater as much :-)
>
> http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/2008/07/of-silos-and-samba.html
>
> (I think this tool got written when SuSE was working really hard on
> making this stuff 'just work' for their distribution).

The problem is that the implementation is broken in a number of ways.