Old 07-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Vnpenguin

Default Pungi & firstboot

Hi,
By using pungi, I can make a installable CD. I have already firstboot
package but the GUI firstboot does not start at all. I have only "Text
Mode Setup Utility 1.19.4" so I can not add user, can not set SELinux
option,...

I have no gdm in my kickstart. Do I need it or another package for
firstboot GUI ?

Thanks,

--
http://vnoss.org

Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 PM
Jesse Keating

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 08:23 +0200, Vnpenguin wrote:
> I have no gdm in my kickstart. Do I need it or another package for
> firstboot GUI ?

How are you performing the install itself? If you perform the install
in text mode you will not get gui firstboot because the system will not
do a graphical boot. It's only when the system gets set up to
graphically boot (runlevel 5) that you get graphical firstboot.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 07-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Vnpenguin

2008/7/24 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 08:23 +0200, Vnpenguin wrote:
>> I have no gdm in my kickstart. Do I need it or another package for
>> firstboot GUI ?
>
> How are you performing the install itself? If you perform the install
> in text mode you will not get gui firstboot because the system will not
> do a graphical boot. It's only when the system gets set up to
> graphically boot (runlevel 5) that you get graphical firstboot.

Hi,
I used graphical installation. But because I have no gdm, so system
boots in to runlevel 3 and no graphical firstboot.
After added gdm + some X packages => that's ok now ;-)

Thanks for your reply,
--
http://vnoss.org