Old 07-23-2008, 09:48 AM
"Thomas Moschny"

Default Package names and sizes (was: Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!)

2008/7/23 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@redhat.com>:
> ..... and while I'm grumbling, at least "libgweather" has a useful
> name. But why on earth is it almost 50MB in size?? And there are
> three copies of it installed on my machine?

While we are at it, what is the reason for the frysk (f9) package to
have a size of 146,651,842 bytes? It installs 12 binaries to /usr/bin,
each having 7.5MB. Seems they are not dynamically linked against the
libfrysk* libs, is that intentional?

Also, there are two "test-core" files of 21MB each, what are these
needed for? (could they be moved to a separate package?)

- Thomas