Old 07-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Josh Boyer

Default Cast your vote for the Fedora 10 Codename!

We have several options for the Fedora 10 codename, and you get to help
decide which we use!

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/voting/about/10

is the URL to cast your vote. Log in with your Fedora Account name and
password. As long as you have signed the CLA and belong to one
additional group in the Fedora Account System, you can cast your vote.

Voting will end and be tallied at 23:59:59 28 July 2008 UTC.

josh

Old 07-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Tim Jackson

Josh Boyer wrote:

We have several options for the Fedora 10 codename, and you get to help
decide which we use!

Please may we have an additional option "None"?

I cannot see any useful purpose for this other than to make
non-technical or new users wonder why we have two names for one piece of
software, one of which nobody uses and doesn't appear to bear any
resemblance to anything other than some bad, cliquey in-joke.

Fortunately we don't use it *quite* as prominently as some other Linux
distributions (why on earth would I want to admit to someone that I use
an operating system called "potato"?) but these names still make me cringe.

Tim

Old 07-22-2008, 08:10 PM

Tim Jackson <lists@timj.co.uk> writes:

>> We have several options for the Fedora 10 codename, and you get to help
>> decide which we use!
>
> Please may we have an additional option "None"?
>
> I cannot see any useful purpose for this [...]
> one of which nobody uses and doesn't appear to bear any
> resemblance to anything other than some bad, cliquey in-joke.

My cliquey in-joke contribution to your suggestion: "+1".

- FChE

Old 07-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Tim Jackson

Josh Boyer wrote (to a bad address copied from a bad address in my