Old 07-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default pushing yum 3.2.17-2 back to f8

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:03:00 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I've been debating a bit pushing yum 3.2.17-2 as an update back to f8.
> It speeds things up a fair bit and it also fixes a number of minor-ish
> bugs. However, it also pulls in a few new deps. What are folks thoughts
> on this?

Positive. It would also fix two broken deps in F8 yum-utils.
I've been using yum-3.2.16-2.fc10 (incl.deps) on F8 for a few
weeks. No problems so far.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:21 PM
seth vidal

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 19:02 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:03:00 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > I've been debating a bit pushing yum 3.2.17-2 as an update back to f8.
> > It speeds things up a fair bit and it also fixes a number of minor-ish
> > bugs. However, it also pulls in a few new deps. What are folks thoughts
> > on this?
>
> Positive. It would also fix two broken deps in F8 yum-utils.
> I've been using yum-3.2.16-2.fc10 (incl.deps) on F8 for a few
> weeks. No problems so far.

Okay, I'll push it into updates-testing for f8 today and we can see what
bits break that we weren't expecting to break.

thanks
-sv

Old 07-25-2008, 07:30 AM
"Tim Lauridsen"

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:03:00 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>> I've been debating a bit pushing yum 3.2.17-2 as an update back to f8.
>> It speeds things up a fair bit and it also fixes a number of minor-ish
>> bugs. However, it also pulls in a few new deps. What are folks thoughts
>> on this?
>
> Positive. It would also fix two broken deps in F8 yum-utils.
> I've been using yum-3.2.16-2.fc10 (incl.deps) on F8 for a few
> weeks. No problems so far.

Yes, it will be a good idea, then i don't have to make exclude the
latest added tools in yum-utils, from f8, because they need a higher yum
version, than currently in f8.
And of cause it will solve a lot issues with the current f8 yum version.

Tim