Old 07-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Vnpenguin

Default Pungi with x86_64 packages only

Hi all,
I would like to build a customized CD on FC9 x86_64 with pungi. The
problem is I dont know how to get only x86_64 packages. So many i386
packages were there.

Any idea for help ?

Thanks
--
http://vnoss.org

Old 07-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Jesse Keating

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 11:51 +0200, Vnpenguin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to build a customized CD on FC9 x86_64 with pungi. The
> problem is I dont know how to get only x86_64 packages. So many i386
> packages were there.
>
> Any idea for help ?

In your kickstart file, when you define the repo, add an --exclude
*.i?86 to the line. This will prevent yum (which does the package
gathering) from seeing any non x86_64 or noarch package.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 07-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Vnpenguin

2008/7/19 Jesse Keating <jkeating@redhat.com>:

> In your kickstart file, when you define the repo, add an --exclude
> *.i?86 to the line. This will prevent yum (which does the package
> gathering) from seeing any non x86_64 or noarch package.

Thank you so much,

http://vnoss.org

Old 07-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Gerd Hoffmann

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 11:51 +0200, Vnpenguin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I would like to build a customized CD on FC9 x86_64 with pungi. The
>> problem is I dont know how to get only x86_64 packages. So many i386
>> packages were there.
>>
>> Any idea for help ?
>

> In your kickstart file, when you define the repo, add an --exclude
> *.i?86 to the line. This will prevent yum (which does the package
> gathering) from seeing any non x86_64 or noarch package.

maybe related question:

I'm using pungi for selective mirroring, by listing the packages and
package groups I wanna have in the kickstart file and then running the
gather and createrepo stages. Works quite well, except that there seems
to be no way to mirror x86_64 packages on a i386 machine ...

any hints how that can be done?

cheers,
Gerd

--
http://kraxel.fedorapeople.org/xenner/

Old 07-20-2008, 12:07 AM
Jesse Keating

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 00:22 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> maybe related question:
>
> I'm using pungi for selective mirroring, by listing the packages and
> package groups I wanna have in the kickstart file and then running the
> gather and createrepo stages. Works quite well, except that there
> seems
> to be no way to mirror x86_64 packages on a i386 machine ...
>
> any hints how that can be done?

You probably want to be using a different tool for that, since pungi
won't allow you to gather / compose x86_64 on an i386 system.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 07-20-2008, 08:26 AM
Gerd Hoffmann

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 00:22 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>> maybe related question:
>>
>> I'm using pungi for selective mirroring, by listing the packages and
>> package groups I wanna have in the kickstart file and then running the
>> gather and createrepo stages. Works quite well, except that there
>> seems
>> to be no way to mirror x86_64 packages on a i386 machine ...
>>
>> any hints how that can be done?
>
> You probably want to be using a different tool for that, since pungi
> won't allow you to gather / compose x86_64 on an i386 system.

Is there any reason for that restriction? As I understand it only the
BuildInstall stage must run on the architecture (and distro) it is
composing due to running anaconda tools.

Suggestions for alternatives? The pungi features I like most are
(1) easy way to select the packages (and groups!) I want to mirror.
(2) the (global) package cache.

the package is especially useful when mirroring both i386 and x86_64
versions of a distro, as the i386 packages which are also part of the
x86_64 version don't get downloaded twice. It also saves downloads when
creating a new repo where you have alot of the packages already on your
disk (happens if you track rawhide and some day create a f10 repo).

thanks,
Gerd

--
http://kraxel.fedorapeople.org/xenner/

Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Jesse Keating

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 10:26 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Is there any reason for that restriction? As I understand it only the
> BuildInstall stage must run on the architecture (and distro) it is
> composing due to running anaconda tools.

Faking out yum as far as the system arch is concerned for the purpose of
depresolving is fragile at best. It's really beyond the scope of what
Pungi is designed to do, and I don't really want to make it part of the
feature set. Is there not a yum-util that would do what you need?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!