Old 07-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Axel Thimm

Default "anaconda" package install selection after the install

Hi,

previous package management solutions would allow to revisit the
eye-of-bird package bundling presented by anaconda during install. The
functionality moved from system-config-package to pirut/pup, but now
on F9 I can't find it anywhere.

Packagekit only offers a complete view with several filters to reduce
it a bit, but the anaconda preselected applications were human
cherry-picked and represented best-of-breed Fedora bits.

Is there a way to get to anaconda's package selection after the
install? For example how do I pick support for language XYZ w/o
digging into yum groups?

BTW is anaconda's selection based on yum groups' mandatory/optional
packages? I can't find the language groups, though.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
seth vidal

> On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 15:08 +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > previous package management solutions would allow to revisit the
> > eye-of-bird package bundling presented by anaconda during install. The
> > functionality moved from system-config-package to pirut/pup, but now
> > on F9 I can't find it anywhere.
> >
> > Packagekit only offers a complete view with several filters to reduce
> > it a bit, but the anaconda preselected applications were human
> > cherry-picked and represented best-of-breed Fedora bits.
> >
> > Is there a way to get to anaconda's package selection after the
> > install? For example how do I pick support for language XYZ w/o
> > digging into yum groups?
> >
> > BTW is anaconda's selection based on yum groups' mandatory/optional
> > packages? I can't find the language groups, though.
>

> Yum won't show the nonvisible groups as set by comps, but anaconda will
> show some of them IIRC

this will show them:

yum grouplist hidden

-sv

Old 07-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Jesse Keating

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 15:08 +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> previous package management solutions would allow to revisit the
> eye-of-bird package bundling presented by anaconda during install. The
> functionality moved from system-config-package to pirut/pup, but now
> on F9 I can't find it anywhere.
>
> Packagekit only offers a complete view with several filters to reduce
> it a bit, but the anaconda preselected applications were human
> cherry-picked and represented best-of-breed Fedora bits.
>
> Is there a way to get to anaconda's package selection after the
> install? For example how do I pick support for language XYZ w/o
> digging into yum groups?
>
> BTW is anaconda's selection based on yum groups' mandatory/optional
> packages? I can't find the language groups, though.

Yum won't show the nonvisible groups as set by comps, but anaconda will
show some of them IIRC

Right now, package kit doesn't work on comps data for the yum backend
IIRC, it uses hardcoded groups.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!