Old 07-17-2008, 10:44 PM
"Michel Salim"

Default Heads-up: rubberband 1.2 API breakage

I'm committing vamp-plugins-sdk 1.3 and Rubberband 1.2, the latter of
which provides librubberband.so.2 rather than .so.1, to Rawhide.

These affected packages link against librubberband.so.1 and need to be rebuild:
sonic-visualiser (which I maintain)
sooperlooper

Also, ardour is listed on Rubber Band's webpage as supporting
rubberband, but our package does not use it as yet. Anthony and Hans?

Thanks,

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.jaiku.com/

Old 07-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Anthony Green

Michel Salim wrote:

Also, ardour is listed on Rubber Band's webpage as supporting
rubberband, but our package does not use it as yet. Anthony and Hans?

I'm upgrading ardour to 2.5 right now (just fighting with build
system). I'll add rubber band as a buildrequire and see what happens.
Thanks for pointing this out.

AG

Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Hans de Goede

Michel Salim wrote:

I'm committing vamp-plugins-sdk 1.3 and Rubberband 1.2, the latter of
which provides librubberband.so.2 rather than .so.1, to Rawhide.

These affected packages link against librubberband.so.1 and need to be rebuild:
sonic-visualiser (which I maintain)
sooperlooper

Also, ardour is listed on Rubber Band's webpage as supporting
rubberband, but our package does not use it as yet. Anthony and Hans?

I've rebuild sooperlooper, but for some reason sooperlooper now freezes on
startup on my test (rawhide) system. Since the F-9 version with the F-9
rubberband also freezes on this system, I guess the cause lays elsewhere. So
I've submitted a rebuild with a patch for the new rubberband to the buildsys
for now.

Some testing would be appreciated.

Regards,

Hans