Old 07-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Nikolay Vladimirov

Default compiz and ppc64

Hi!

For some time compiz wasn't available for ppc64 because of missing
libdrm. Few days ago when I reviewing some emerald bugs(since I'm the
maintainer) i noticed that there is libdrm.ppc64. So today I decided
to rebuild compiz for ppc64 and the build went fine
( http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=717203 )
Also I rebuilt emerald and it also went fine. There is some more stuff
to be rebuild:

libcompizconfig
gnome-compiz-manager
compiz-fusion

I can rebuild them or the maintainers can.
I also have no possible way of testing this so I'll mail
fedora-testing

Before rebuilding whole bunch of other stuff i was wondering:
Is this something important? For fedora ppc64 arch there wasn't compiz and
all the composing stuff, but now there is. Is this "feature" or just
some packaging bugfix?

Best Regards,
--
NV

Old 07-15-2008, 03:44 PM
drago01

2008/7/15 Nikolay Vladimirov <nikolay@vladimiroff.com>:
> Hi!
>
> For some time compiz wasn't available for ppc64 because of missing
> libdrm. Few days ago when I reviewing some emerald bugs(since I'm the
> maintainer) i noticed that there is libdrm.ppc64. So today I decided
> to rebuild compiz for ppc64 and the build went fine
> ( http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=717203 )
> Also I rebuilt emerald and it also went fine. There is some more stuff
> to be rebuild:
>
> compiz-fusion

Started a chainbuild of compiz-fusion and compiz-fusion-extras

> Before rebuilding whole bunch of other stuff i was wondering:
> Is this something important? For fedora ppc64 arch there wasn't compiz and
> all the composing stuff, but now there is. Is this "feature" or just
> some packaging bugfix?

Well I wouldn't really consider this a feature.