Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Recap 2008-07-14

John Poelstra wrote:

Recap and full IRC transcript found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Meetings/2008-jul-14

Please make corrections and clarifications to the wiki page.

== Spins as Features ==
* Some pushback from folks that think it is too much work to create a
feature page

This is a complete mischaracterization of my concerns which has nothing
to do at all with the work involved.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-July/msg00724.html

Specifically:

* FESCo voted to not classify spins as a feature. If that decision is to
be reversed, I would prefer FESCo vote again.

* There is a differentiation between the spins such as desktop and KDE
and others and I want to make sure that difference gets incorporated
into the process so spin maintainers are aware where to look to
understand the difference and what it would take to be reclassified.

Rahul

Old 07-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Jesse Keating

> This is a complete mischaracterization of my concerns which has nothing
> to do at all with the work involved.

Yours weren't the only concerns we talked about, particularly weren't
the concerns pointed out in this log.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!