Old 07-14-2008, 07:56 AM
Nigel Jones

Default gtk-sharp2 dependencies

Just an FYI before the Rawhide Report arrives,

Yes gtk-sharp2 was bumped to 2.12.1 (at my request), yes it has broken
the dependencies BUT:

The reason this time is that rpm forgot to calculate the mono
dependencies (something that can be expected with any major bump), with
the old version of RPM the same Provides for 2.12.0-2 and 2.12.1-1 were
calculated, so there isn't a need for a mass rebuild, just one of
gtk-sharp2.

So I think it's just a case of been patient while the mono provides bug
is sorted and then be on our way.

- Nigel

Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Alex Lancaster

NJ> Just an FYI before the Rawhide Report arrives, Yes gtk-sharp2 was
NJ> bumped to 2.12.1 (at my request), yes it has broken the
NJ> dependencies BUT:

NJ> The reason this time is that rpm forgot to calculate the mono
NJ> dependencies (something that can be expected with any major bump),
NJ> with the old version of RPM the same Provides for 2.12.0-2 and
NJ> 2.12.1-1 were calculated, so there isn't a need for a mass
NJ> rebuild, just one of gtk-sharp2.

Bummer. I wonder if there was collateral damage to the
provides/requires capabilities for other languages as well?

NJ> So I think it's just a case of been patient while the mono
NJ> provides bug is sorted and then be on our way.

Can you post the bug number for this mono provides/requires breakage
if there is one? (Presumably it should be filed against the rpm
component and/or reported upstream if necessary).

Alex

Old 07-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Panu Matilainen

Just an FYI before the Rawhide Report arrives,

Yes gtk-sharp2 was bumped to 2.12.1 (at my request), yes it has broken the
dependencies BUT:

The reason this time is that rpm forgot to calculate the mono dependencies
(something that can be expected with any major bump), with the old version of
RPM the same Provides for 2.12.0-2 and 2.12.1-1 were calculated, so there
isn't a need for a mass rebuild, just one of gtk-sharp2.

So I think it's just a case of been patient while the mono provides bug is
sorted and then be on our way.

Yup, there was a string mismatch between current libmagic string and what
rpmbuild expected (from ancient file-4.14). Fixed in
rpm-4.5.90-0.git8426.7 which just finished building.

- Panu -

Old 07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Alex Lancaster

PM> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Nigel Jones wrote:
>> Just an FYI before the Rawhide Report arrives,
>>
>> Yes gtk-sharp2 was bumped to 2.12.1 (at my request), yes it has
>> broken the dependencies BUT:
>>
>> The reason this time is that rpm forgot to calculate the mono
>> dependencies (something that can be expected with any major bump),
>> with the old version of RPM the same Provides for 2.12.0-2 and
>> 2.12.1-1 were calculated, so there isn't a need for a mass rebuild,
>> just one of gtk-sharp2.
>>
>> So I think it's just a case of been patient while the mono provides
>> bug is sorted and then be on our way.

PM> Yup, there was a string mismatch between current libmagic string
PM> and what rpmbuild expected (from ancient file-4.14). Fixed in
PM> rpm-4.5.90-0.git8426.7 which just finished building.

Thanks! To speed things up, I'm rebuilding gtk-sharp2 against the new
rpm that has just been built.

Unfortunately this will take until the next rawhide for the spurious
broken deps to go away. But at least it should allow f-spot to be
(finally!) rebuilt by Nigel.

Alex

Old 07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Nigel Jones

Alex Lancaster wrote:

"PM" == Panu Matilainen writes:

PM> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Nigel Jones wrote:

Just an FYI before the Rawhide Report arrives,

Yes gtk-sharp2 was bumped to 2.12.1 (at my request), yes it has
broken the dependencies BUT:

The reason this time is that rpm forgot to calculate the mono
dependencies (something that can be expected with any major bump),
with the old version of RPM the same Provides for 2.12.0-2 and
2.12.1-1 were calculated, so there isn't a need for a mass rebuild,
just one of gtk-sharp2.

So I think it's just a case of been patient while the mono provides
bug is sorted and then be on our way.

PM> Yup, there was a string mismatch between current libmagic string
PM> and what rpmbuild expected (from ancient file-4.14). Fixed in
PM> rpm-4.5.90-0.git8426.7 which just finished building.

Thanks! To speed things up, I'm rebuilding gtk-sharp2 against the new
rpm that has just been built.

Heh, I hit a commit conflict with you when you did the rebuild (oops).

- Nigel

Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Paul

Hi,

> - Nigel
> > Unfortunately this will take until the next rawhide for the spurious
> > broken deps to go away. But at least it should allow f-spot to be
> > (finally!) rebuilt by Nigel.

There looks to be a problem with the 0.4.4 sources with an error being
thrown when f-image-viewer.h accesses a file from libeog. Not sure if
that's down to something broken in rawhide or in f-spot. I'm suspecting
rawhide as there is also a similar problem building muine.

TTFN

Paul