Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Harald Hoyer

Default Audio SIG - Jacklab spin

Anyone interested in an audio SIG?

We could create a jacklab like spin ( http://jacklab.org/ ) with jackd as the
main audio daemon.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Hans de Goede

Harald Hoyer wrote:

Anyone interested in an audio SIG?

We could create a jacklab like spin ( http://jacklab.org/ ) with jackd
as the main audio daemon.

Actually I've been working (some time ago) on getting most of ccrnma into
Fedora, I think that would be a good start. Unfortunately I've stopped part way
through, due to lack of time.

No if only someone would hire me to work on FOSS stuff fulltime <hint hint>

Regards,

Hans

Old 07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Harald Hoyer wrote:

Anyone interested in an audio SIG?

We could create a jacklab like spin ( http://jacklab.org/ ) with jackd
as the main audio daemon.

Could you create a Feature page in Category ProposedFeatureF10, so we
can keep track of developments?

Also, as work continues on the kickstart, it might be worthwhile
requesting membership to the gitspin-kickstarts FAS group so you have
commit access to it's GIT repository at
git://git.fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts.git (contributions for F10
should go to the master branch).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Michal Schmidt

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:40:26 +0200
Harald Hoyer <harald@redhat.com> wrote:

> Anyone interested in an audio SIG?
>
> We could create a jacklab like spin ( http://jacklab.org/ ) with
> jackd as the main audio daemon.

Would the absence of a real-time kernel variant in Fedora be a problem
for such a spin? Fedora kernel only has voluntary preemption enabled.
All the audio-specialized distributions I've heard about ship with an
RT-patched kernel.

Michal

Old 07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Harald Hoyer