-   -   Killing off drivel (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/122104-killing-off-drivel.html)

"Paul W. Frields" 07-10-2008 12:10 AM

Killing off drivel

Upstream for drivel, a GNOME-based blogging tool, has been dead for at
least a year and a half. I am planning on making this package EOL. I
don't believe an announcement is technically required, but I thought I
should at least let people know here. Thanks to Tom Mraz and Alex
Lancaster, who rebuilt it a few times of late when my attention was
diverted elsewhere.

--
Paul W. Frields
http://paul.frields.org/ - - http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

Harish Pillay 9v1hp 07-10-2008 12:28 AM

Killing off drivel

"Paul W. Frields" 07-10-2008 12:50 PM

Killing off drivel

On Thu, 2008-07-10 at 08:28 +0800, Harish Pillay 9v1hp wrote:
> > Upstream for drivel, a GNOME-based blogging tool, has been dead for at
> > least a year and a half. I am planning on making this package EOL. I
> > don't believe an announcement is technically required, but I thought I
> > should at least let people know here. Thanks to Tom Mraz and Alex
> > Lancaster, who rebuilt it a few times of late when my attention was
> > diverted elsewhere.
>
> Since I am a regular user of Drivel and do like the tool, I guess I
> now need to find out what I could do to ensure that it does not EOL
> here :-).
>
> Let me check.
>
> Thanks for the heads up, Paul.

I think you can apply for maintainership in the PkgDB application:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingPackagedb#Signing_up_for_packages

I don't know whether you're already a package maintainer, but I'm happy
to help you get started where I can. You'd be the sole maintainer of
the drivel package if you accept.