Old 11-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Christopher Aillon

Default NetworkManager - Why Doesn't nm-applet have a way of using WPA-PSK?

On 11/20/2007 02:51 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:

Christopher Aillon wrote:

What really should be happening is NM should notice there is a
new/different encryption scheme and offer to let you enter it. You
shouldn't have to force it. If this is not happening, file a bug.

Is there a way to clear NM's state.
I'm having serious issues with NM after a F7 to F8 upgrade,
and would like to clear state to see if it helps,
and before I start filing a plethora of bugs.

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/networking

ought to wipe it. Might want to make sure the applet and/or service are
not running, though.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Dan Williams

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 15:04 +0100, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 11/20/2007 02:51 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> > Christopher Aillon wrote:
> >> What really should be happening is NM should notice there is a
> >> new/different encryption scheme and offer to let you enter it. You
> >> shouldn't have to force it. If this is not happening, file a bug.
> >
> > Is there a way to clear NM's state.
> > I'm having serious issues with NM after a F7 to F8 upgrade,
> > and would like to clear state to see if it helps,
> > and before I start filing a plethora of bugs.
>
> gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /system/networking
>
> ought to wipe it. Might want to make sure the applet and/or service are
> not running, though.

It should recognize the change and it will kill your current connection,
because you just wiped it out.

Dan