Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Dave Jones

Default make clean got noisy.

In my cvs checkout of devel/ , I just cvs updated the common/ dir,
and now every make clean I do in each package spews this..

$ make clean
error: Macro %dist has empty body
error: Macro %dist has empty body
error: Macro % has illegal name (%define)
[...]
Running the %clean script of the rpmbuild...
error: Macro %dist has empty body
error: Macro %dist has empty body
error: Macro % has illegal name (%define)
error: Macro % has illegal name (%define)

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

Old 07-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 17:08 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> In my cvs checkout of devel/ , I just cvs updated the common/ dir,
> and now every make clean I do in each package spews this..

I think I see why, but out of curiosity what do you get for:

rpm --eval %dist

on this particular system? (hint, it should spit out something
like .fc9 due to /etc/rpm/macros.dist which comes from fedora-release.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Dave Jones

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 06:13:22PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 17:08 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> > In my cvs checkout of devel/ , I just cvs updated the common/ dir,
> > and now every make clean I do in each package spews this..
>
> I think I see why, but out of curiosity what do you get for:
>
> rpm --eval %dist
>
> on this particular system? (hint, it should spit out something
> like .fc9 due to /etc/rpm/macros.dist which comes from fedora-release.

yep.

(23:01:33:davej@gelk:~)$ rpm --eval %dist
.fc9

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk

Old 07-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Jesse Keating

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 23:01 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> yep.
>
> (23:01:33:davej@gelk:~)$ rpm --eval %dist
> .fc9

Hrm, I can't duplicate. Any chance I could get a shell on that system?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:03 PM