Old 07-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Michael Schwendt

Default libgtop2 - who owns it?

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/libgtop2 shows two open bugs,
which are assigned to Søren Sandmann Pedersen, but the package
changelog shows the names of other maintainers. One of the bug
reports is one year old already. The other one is mine.

Who owns libgtop2?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:49 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/libgtop2 shows two open bugs,
> which are assigned to Søren Sandmann Pedersen, but the package
> changelog shows the names of other maintainers. One of the bug
> reports is one year old already. The other one is mine.
>
> Who owns libgtop2?

pkgdb says it's Soren, and there are lots of others with commit/watchcommit:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/libgtop2

novus ordo absurdum

Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 15:35 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/libgtop2 shows two open bugs,
> which are assigned to Søren Sandmann Pedersen, but the package
> changelog shows the names of other maintainers. One of the bug
> reports is one year old already. The other one is mine.
>
> Who owns libgtop2?

Since you were already at bugz.fd.o, it wouldn't have cost you much to
head over to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libgtop2
to find out.

Soeren owns it.
I do most of the version updates when I do mass updates.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:51:51 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 15:35 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/libgtop2 shows two open bugs,
> > which are assigned to Søren Sandmann Pedersen, but the package
> > changelog shows the names of other maintainers. One of the bug
> > reports is one year old already. The other one is mine.
> >
> > Who owns libgtop2?
> >

> Since you were already at bugz.fd.o, it wouldn't have cost you much to
> head over to
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libgtop2
> to find out.

To find out what? None of the persons listed there have requested
"watchbugzilla".

> Soeren owns it.

Last activity in %changelog has been in 2006.

> I do most of the version updates when I do mass updates.

As can be seen in the changelog, but that doesn't answer whether
bugzilla might be the same as /dev/null.

Instead, I queried bugzilla for old closed tickets and that didn't
answer my question either.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 16:09 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> As can be seen in the changelog, but that doesn't answer whether
> bugzilla might be the same as /dev/null.

True.

But you didn't ask that question...

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Dan Horák

Michael Schwendt pÃ*Å¡e v St 09. 07. 2008 v 16:09 +0200:
> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:51:51 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 15:35 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/libgtop2 shows two open bugs,
> > > which are assigned to Søren Sandmann Pedersen, but the package
> > > changelog shows the names of other maintainers. One of the bug
> > > reports is one year old already. The other one is mine.
> > >
> > > Who owns libgtop2?
> > >

> > Since you were already at bugz.fd.o, it wouldn't have cost you much to
> > head over to
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libgtop2
> > to find out.
>
> To find out what? None of the persons listed there have requested
> "watchbugzilla".

That's probably a relict of initial loading of pkgdb with packages from
Fedora Core that were maintained by Red Hat engineers. More packages are
affected by this (and even more non-logical) setup.

Dan

Old 07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 10:11:03 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > As can be seen in the changelog, but that doesn't answer whether
> > bugzilla might be the same as /dev/null.
> >

> True.
>
> But you didn't ask that question...

No, but with the answer to my question I have got the confirmation that
the current ownership is supposed to be accurate, up-to-date, correct.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Soeren Sandmann Pedersen

Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:51:51 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 15:35 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > > http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/libgtop2 shows two open bugs,
> > > which are assigned to Søren Sandmann Pedersen, but the package
> > > changelog shows the names of other maintainers. One of the bug
> > > reports is one year old already. The other one is mine.
> > >
> > > Who owns libgtop2?
> > >

> > Since you were already at bugz.fd.o, it wouldn't have cost you much to
> > head over to
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libgtop2
> > to find out.
>
> To find out what? None of the persons listed there have requested
> "watchbugzilla".
>
> > Soeren owns it.
>
> Last activity in %changelog has been in 2006.
>
> > I do most of the version updates when I do mass updates.
>
> As can be seen in the changelog, but that doesn't answer whether
> bugzilla might be the same as /dev/null.

Unfortunately, for some of the packages I own, including this one,
bugzilla is essentially /dev/null until beta time, where I'll go over
the bugs assigned to me and prioritize them.

In general, it's often a better bet to file bugs against gnome
packages directly upstream, unless it's a packaging bug.

Soren

Old 07-09-2008, 06:05 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Since you were already at bugz.fd.o, it wouldn't have cost you much to
>> > head over to
>> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/libgtop2
>> > to find out.
>>
>> To find out what? None of the persons listed there have requested
>> "watchbugzilla".
>>
>> > Soeren owns it.
>>
>> Last activity in %changelog has been in 2006.
>>
>> > I do most of the version updates when I do mass updates.
>>
>> As can be seen in the changelog, but that doesn't answer whether
>> bugzilla might be the same as /dev/null.
>
> Unfortunately, for some of the packages I own, including this one,
> bugzilla is essentially /dev/null until beta time, where I'll go over
> the bugs assigned to me and prioritize them.
>
> In general, it's often a better bet to file bugs against gnome
> packages directly upstream, unless it's a packaging bug.

If this is the case, mightn't it be helpful if one or more of your many
co-maintainers for this (and possibly other) packages add themselves to
watchbugzilla? Takers?

> Soren

novus ordo absurdum

Old 07-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Matthias Clasen

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 13:05 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> If this is the case, mightn't it be helpful if one or more of your many
> co-maintainers for this (and possibly other) packages add themselves to
> watchbugzilla? Takers?

watchbugzilla doesn't really help if you are already getting more spam
than you can read in a day, every day...

I've looked at the patch and it certainly looks fine. If you or Michael
want to go ahead and build and file an F8 update, that would cool.