Old 07-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default preference-system-date sketches

Quick sketches of that icon extracted from new-appointment status.
Unlike Bluecurve version, only the clock is used in order to make icon
less cluttered. Feedback welcome.

Luya

Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 01:06 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quick sketches of that icon extracted from new-appointment status.
> Unlike Bluecurve version, only the clock is used in order to make icon
> less cluttered. Feedback welcome.
>
> Luya

I think the metaphor is good. Did you tried adding a calendar, or did
you just suppose it would be cluttered if you added it?

As for the drawing itself - the 48x48 PNG you attached is actually 72x72
(not a big issue in this part of the process), the clock-face is
slightly off the perspective (or at least the axonometric grid), to me
it looks like simple rotation slightly counter-clock-wise might fix
that, and the bar at 6 o'clock is blurry in the 32x32, probably as a
result of the clock-face perspective issue as the minute hand, which
should have same X position, is crisp.

Also the shadow might be perhaps slightly improved to better reflect the
shape of the icon. Perhaps the shadow in emblem-important (I don't think
it's present in the SVGs though) fits the shape slightly better.

I am looking forward the other sizes

Martin

Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> I think the metaphor is good. Did you tried adding a calendar, or did
> you just suppose it would be cluttered if you added it?
>
> As for the drawing itself - the 48x48 PNG you attached is actually 72x72
> (not a big issue in this part of the process), the clock-face is
> slightly off the perspective (or at least the axonometric grid), to me
> it looks like simple rotation slightly counter-clock-wise might fix
> that, and the bar at 6 o'clock is blurry in the 32x32, probably as a
> result of the clock-face perspective issue as the minute hand, which
> should have same X position, is crisp.

Sorry that it took some times due to class schedule. I added calendar on
the background.
I might consider using a more compact calender with only number.
Feedback is welcome.

Luya

http://luya.fedoraproject.org/echo/applications/

Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 00:30 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Sorry that it took some times due to class schedule. I added calendar on
> the background.
> I might consider using a more compact calender with only number.
> Feedback is welcome.
>
> Luya
>
> http://luya.fedoraproject.org/echo/applications/

I think it would work with the calendar. Could you however try different
design? The current one slightly resembles calculator... Perhaps
something like x-office-calendar?

Martin

Old 07-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> I think it would work with the calendar. Could you however try different
> design? The current one slightly resembles calculator... Perhaps
> something like x-office-calendar?

x-office-calendar is definitely a good choice. Would you mind to choose
a random number between 1-31?

Luya

Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 01:38 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Martin Sourada a écrit :
> > I think it would work with the calendar. Could you however try different
> > design? The current one slightly resembles calculator... Perhaps
> > something like x-office-calendar?
> >

> x-office-calendar is definitely a good choice. Would you mind to choose
> a random number between 1-31?
>
> Luya

Gnumeric's first choice was 7 which I incidentally had on my mind as
well, so how about that?

Martin

Old 07-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :

> Gnumeric's first choice was 7 which I incidentally had on my mind as
> well, so how about that?

Sorry for the delay. I have a busy schedule due to classes. Here is a
modified preference-system-update/

Luya

http://luya.fedorapeople.org/echo/applications/

Old 07-29-2008, 07:07 PM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2008-07-25 at 00:50 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Sorry for the delay. I have a busy schedule due to classes. Here is a
> modified preference-system-update/
>
> Luya
>
> http://luya.fedorapeople.org/echo/applications/
Sorry for the slow response but I was more or less off net

The clock in 16x16 icon is blurry, in 22x22 it *might* be made visually
more massive (perhaps make the blue outline thicker?). Otherwise it
looks good.

Martin

Old 07-30-2008, 11:52 PM
"Luya Tshimbalanga"

2008/7/29 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>

Sorry for the slow response but I was more or less off net

It's alright. I have been busy as well.

The clock in 16x16 icon is blurry, in 22x22 it *might* be made visually

more massive (perhaps make the blue outline thicker?). Otherwise it

looks good.

I noticed* the blurriness on 16x16 icon. I will reduce the gradient inside the clock and fix alignment.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga

Fedora Project Contributor
Fedora Artwork

Old 08-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Here is updated version c for 16x16 and 22x22.