Old 07-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Michael Thomas

Default Setting up a Koji server

After 2 years of bitter complaining, I think I'm finally starting to
convince our group's primary grid middleware provider to offer rpms as
an alternative to the current ass-backwards packaging tool. The
provider has ~360 packages for a bunch of things that are already in
Fedora (like syslog-ng, tomcat, squid), but also many things that
unforutnately can't be part of Fedora due to licensing restrictions.
Obviously it would be best to use the native Fedora/RHEL/EPEL packages
where possible, submit the missing OSS tools to Fedora/EPEL, and only
repackage the OSS-challenged tools.

I'll be meeting with this provider later this week to discuss some ideas
to make sure this migration is as painless as possible. One of the
things that I think they would benefit greatly from is a local koji
installation. Is there any documentation on what it takes to set up an
full koji environment with builders for 32- and 64-bit RHEL4, RHEL5, and
Fedora, as well as configuring CVS to work with Koji?

Regards,

--Wart

Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Michael Thomas

[...]