-   -   Rawhide Orphanarium Purge: June 18th (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/120892-rawhide-orphanarium-purge-june-18th.html)

David Juran 07-08-2008 06:58 AM

Rawhide Orphanarium Purge: June 18th

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 17:06 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> Please review the following packages. This is roughly the list of
> current orphans in rawhide. If they are not claimed by June 18th then
> they may be removed from rawhide by the F10 Alpha freeze.

> perl-Net-Telnet

perl-Net-Telnet is required by several of the fencing agents included in
the cman rpm.

--
David Juran
Sr. Consultant

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 07-08-2008 06:59 AM

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 09:58 +0300, David Juran wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 17:06 -0400, Warren Togami wrote:
> > Please review the following packages. This is roughly the list of
> > current orphans in rawhide. If they are not claimed by June 18th then
> > they may be removed from rawhide by the F10 Alpha freeze.
>
> > perl-Net-Telnet
>
> perl-Net-Telnet is required by several of the fencing agents included in
> the cman rpm.

Oh I missed this one.. I will take it if nobody else wants it.

Fabio

"Steven M. Parrish" 07-08-2008 12:04 PM

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 12:37:42 am Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > tripwire
>
> I found this file in the CVS for tripwire:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/tripwire/devel/License-Issues?vie
>w=markup Is tripwire safe to be included in Fedora?
>
> Cheers,
> Debarshi

According to the referenced Debian bug the issues were resolved years ago.
Looks like the file should be removed from CVS. I'll take over maintainance
of it.

Steven

"Jon Ciesla" 07-08-2008 12:32 PM

Rawhide Orphanarium Purge: June 18th

> Please review the following packages. This is roughly the list of
> current orphans in rawhide. If they are not claimed by June 18th then
> they may be removed from rawhide by the F10 Alpha freeze.
>

> xdms

Rescued.

> Warren Togami
> wtogami@redhat.com

novus ordo absurdum

Steve Grubb 07-08-2008 01:10 PM

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 00:37:42 Debarshi Ray wrote:
> > tripwire
>
> I found this file in the CVS for tripwire:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/tripwire/devel/License-Issues?vie
>w=markup Is tripwire safe to be included in Fedora?

I think its safe, but its very old code. We've spent time working on aide
which is a simple program that does the same thing and adding support to it
for modern hashes, extended attributes, and sending results to the audit
logs. I'd say that there would be significant work to bring tripwire up to
par, and then I doubt that upstream could take the patch since the commercial
code has likely changed.

I'd vote for letting this one die.

-Steve

Jeroen van Meeuwen 07-09-2008 03:31 PM

Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

Please review the following packages. This is roughly the list of
current orphans in rawhide. If they are not claimed by June 18th then
they may be removed from rawhide by the F10 Alpha freeze.

perl-Net-Telnet

perl-Net-Telnet is required by several of the fencing agents included in
the cman rpm.

Oh I missed this one.. I will take it if nobody else wants it.

I'm willing to (co-)maintain this... can we make it a group effort in
keeping this in?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Hans de Goede 07-09-2008 05:59 PM

Rawhide Orphanarium Purge: June 18th

Hi All,

I've retaken PyOpenGL and pygtkglext again (they were mine I released them for
someone to pick up, but that appearantly didn't happen.

Regards,

Hans

Nikolay Vladimirov 07-09-2008 06:21 PM

On (09/07/08 19:59), Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've retaken PyOpenGL and pygtkglext again (they were mine I released
> them for someone to pick up, but that appearantly didn't happen.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

Greetings!

I'm willing to maintain PyOpenGL and comaintain pygtkglext.

Best Regards,
--
NV

"Fabio M. Di Nitto" 07-10-2008 03:56 AM

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 17:31 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:
> >> perl-Net-Telnet is required by several of the fencing agents included in
> >> the cman rpm.
> >>

> > Oh I missed this one.. I will take it if nobody else wants it.
> >

> I'm willing to (co-)maintain this... can we make it a group effort in
> keeping this in?

Absolutely! I left the package open to cvsextras and you should have
received the "spam" from pkgdb already :)

Thanks
Fabio

PS I took it over mainly because I maintain cman/cluster that needs it
and I can't allow it to disappear from the distro. You are absolutely
welcome to maintain or co- it as much as you want.

Hans de Goede 07-10-2008 08:10 AM

Nikolay Vladimirov wrote:

I've retaken PyOpenGL and pygtkglext again (they were mine I released
them for someone to pick up, but that appearantly didn\'t happen.

Regards,

Hans

Greetings!

I\'m willing to maintain PyOpenGL and comaintain pygtkglext.

Ok,

I\'ve released PyOpenGL again, so its yours to take and if you request the
necessary rights for pygtkglext I\'ll grant them.

Regards,

Hans