-   -   NetworkManager - Why Doesn't nm-applet have a way of using WPA-PSK? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/1206-networkmanager-why-doesnt-nm-applet-have-way-using-wpa-psk.html)

Jesse Keating 11-20-2007 12:33 PM

NetworkManager - Why Doesn't nm-applet have a way of using WPA-PSK?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:30:37 +0100
Christopher Aillon <caillon@redhat.com> wrote:

> What really should be happening is NM should notice there is a
> new/different encryption scheme and offer to let you enter it. You
> shouldn't have to force it. If this is not happening, file a bug.

After talking to Dan, often it is impossible to tell. All we can do is
fail to associate with the old method, and then popup a box to allow
you to pick a different auth method. If all the auth methods aren't
available in that popup, /that/ would be a bug.

--
Jesse Keating