Old 07-07-2008, 08:59 AM
"Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski"

Default openbabel SO version bump

Having packaged 2.2.0 beta, I wanted to update to 2.2.0 release
when it was released. However, I didn't notice the SO version bump
(libopenbabel.so.2 -> libopenbabel.so.3), so the new version is already
in rawhide. I'm sorry about that. There shouldn't be any problems with
rebuilding applications against the full 2.2.0 release, so please do just
that.

Affected packages:
gchempaint
gnome-chemistry-utils
kdeedu
xdrawchem

I'll handle xdrawchem myself. I can also rebuild the other packages if
their respective maintainers don't do that by Sunday.

I'd like to update F-9's openbabel, too. An updated build is available
in koji (I've revoked the request to push the update to testing for now).
I ask the maintainers of the above packages to test if their F-9 packages
build and work with openbabel-2.2.0 (they should). I'd like to have
a combined update ready by Sunday, too.

Regards,
R.

Livna http://rpm.livna.org | MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu
"Faith manages."

Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Kevin Kofler

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> greysector.net> writes:
> I'd like to update F-9's openbabel, too.

And to give a reason: we need this version for kdeedu 4.1.

> An updated build is available in koji (I've revoked the request to push the
> update to testing for now).

Can we please get this tagged dist-f9-override so packages can be rebuilt
against it?

Kevin Kofler

Old 07-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Kevin Kofler

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> greysector.net> writes:
> I'd like to update F-9's openbabel, too. An updated build is available
> in koji (I've revoked the request to push the update to testing for now).
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=54966

I just asked rel-eng to tag this dist-f9-override.

Kevin Kofler

Old 07-07-2008, 11:15 AM

On Monday, 07 July 2008 at 13:09, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> greysector.net> writes:
> > I'd like to update F-9's openbabel, too. An updated build is available
> > in koji (I've revoked the request to push the update to testing for now).
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=54966
>
> I just asked rel-eng to tag this dist-f9-override.

Me too.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Kevin Kofler

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik <at> greysector.net> writes:
> Affected packages:
> kdeedu

Rebuilds just fine, build completed successfully.

Kevin Kofler