Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/)
-   -   Fedora 9 ia64 now available (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/118243-fedora-9-ia64-now-available.html)

Michael Schwendt 07-03-2008 01:48 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:13:42 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:

> Since the ia64 release was not done in sync with the other
> architectures

Why not?

Where you differ from stock Fedora 9, did you do anything to get your
changes/patches be applied on F-9 and devel branches in cvs?

Is the ia64 Everything repo complete compared with the other arches?

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Doug Chapman 07-03-2008 03:58 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 09:13 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
> = Release notes for F9-beta on ia64 =
^^^^

the "beta" was accidentally left in from the beta release notes. This
is the final GA version of F9 for ia64.

- Doug


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Doug Chapman 07-03-2008 03:58 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 15:48 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:13:42 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
>
> > Since the ia64 release was not done in sync with the other
> > architectures
>
> Why not?

This is the first "secondary arch" release to be available and we are
still working out how to do things. I expect by F10 we should be
releasing within a day and hopefully with all identical package versions
as the primary arches.

>
> Where you differ from stock Fedora 9, did you do anything to get your
> changes/patches be applied on F-9 and devel branches in cvs?

All changes we needed for ia64 are in Fedora CVS so there are no special
ia64 patches floating around for ia64.

>
> Is the ia64 Everything repo complete compared with the other arches?

Not quite, I think we have about 98% of the packages building on ia64.

Back at F8 I think we had about 80% or so. Also F8 was built completely
from SRPMs outside of koji with hacked up scripts. We now build under
koji/CVS just as the primary arches except for ours is a separate koji
server. There has been major progress over the past 6 months.

- Doug


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

David Woodhouse 07-03-2008 08:14 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 09:13 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
> == Download location ==
>
> The beta can be downloaded from:
>
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/9/

Hm, why is the URL so different from the primary architectures? Mirrors
choose which architecture(s) they want to carry already; it's presumably
not to make the mirroring easier? Wouldn't it be better to have it the
same as the others?

--
dwmw2

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Jesse Keating 07-03-2008 08:19 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 21:14 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Hm, why is the URL so different from the primary architectures? Mirrors
> choose which architecture(s) they want to carry already; it's presumably
> not to make the mirroring easier? Wouldn't it be better to have it the
> same as the others?

Well, partly because it's not on Fedora's master mirror.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

David Woodhouse 07-03-2008 08:25 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 16:19 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 21:14 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > Hm, why is the URL so different from the primary architectures? Mirrors
> > choose which architecture(s) they want to carry already; it's presumably
> > not to make the mirroring easier? Wouldn't it be better to have it the
> > same as the others?
>
> Well, partly because it's not on Fedora's master mirror.

Gulp. That's even worse...

--
dwmw2

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Bill Nottingham 07-03-2008 08:31 PM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
David Woodhouse (dwmw2@infradead.org) said:
> > Well, partly because it's not on Fedora's master mirror.
>
> Gulp. That's even worse...

Well, it's somewhat intentional - there is/was a lack of space
for it on the master.

Bill

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

"Richard W.M. Jones" 07-04-2008 11:33 AM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you mention that there are
builders on that IA64 page, but I don't see any option to build (eg
Rawhide packages) against IA64 in Koji.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Emerging Technologies, Red Hat http://et.redhat.com/~rjones
virt-df lists disk usage of guests without needing to install any
software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Paul Howarth 07-04-2008 11:43 AM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you mention that there are
builders on that IA64 page, but I don't see any option to build (eg
Rawhide packages) against IA64 in Koji.


Build for ia64:
$ koji --weburl=http://ia64.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji
--server=http://ia64.koji.fedoraproject.org/kojihub
build --scratch dist-f10 some.rpm/cvstag

Build for sparc:
$ koji --weburl=http://sparc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji
--server=http://sparc.koji.fedoraproject.org/kojihub
build --scratch dist-f10 some.rpm/cvstag

At least, that's what I did when fixing build failures on these
architectures that I got emails about.


Paul.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list

Dan Horák 07-04-2008 11:51 AM

Fedora 9 ia64 now available
 
Richard W.M. Jones pĂ*še v Pá 04. 07. 2008 v 12:33 +0100:
> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you mention that there are
> builders on that IA64 page, but I don't see any option to build (eg
> Rawhide packages) against IA64 in Koji.

You should have configs for secondary architectures in $HOME/.koji. They
are created by current version of fedora-packager-setup, I think.


Dan

--
Fedora and Red Hat package maintainer

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.