Old 07-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Matt Domsch

Default Fedora 9 ia64 now available

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 09:14:30PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 09:13 -0400, Prarit Bhargava wrote:
> > == Download location ==
> >
> > The beta can be downloaded from:
> >
> > http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/releases/9/
>
> Hm, why is the URL so different from the primary architectures? Mirrors
> choose which architecture(s) they want to carry already; it's presumably
> not to make the mirroring easier? Wouldn't it be better to have it the
> same as the others?

The URL:

http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/ia64/

works fine, just like the primary arches.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring describes how
to mirror secondary arch content.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux

Old 07-04-2008, 12:15 PM
"Richard W.M. Jones"

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 01:51:51PM +0200, Dan Horák wrote:

> Richard W.M. Jones p*še v Pá 04. 07. 2008 v 12:33 +0100:
> > Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you mention that there are
> > builders on that IA64 page, but I don't see any option to build (eg
> > Rawhide packages) against IA64 in Koji.
>
> You should have configs for secondary architectures in $HOME/.koji. They
> are created by current version of fedora-packager-setup, I think.

So I'm still pretty unclear about this. 'make build' can be persuaded
to build on secondary architectures?

Rich.

software inside the virtual machine. Supports Linux and Windows.
http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/

Old 07-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Dan Horák

Richard W.M. Jones p*še v Pá 04. 07. 2008 v 13:15 +0100:
> On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 01:51:51PM +0200, Dan Horák wrote:
> >
> > Richard W.M. Jones p*še v Pá 04. 07. 2008 v 12:33 +0100:
> > > Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you mention that there are
> > > builders on that IA64 page, but I don't see any option to build (eg
> > > Rawhide packages) against IA64 in Koji.
> >
> > You should have configs for secondary architectures in $HOME/.koji. They
> > are created by current version of fedora-packager-setup, I think.
>
> So I'm still pretty unclear about this. 'make build' can be persuaded
> to build on secondary architectures?

Now you could theoretically use 'KOJI_FLAGS="-c ~/.koji/s390-config"
make build' to override the default config and build for s390. But I
have not tried it yet.

Dan

--
Fedora and Red Hat package maintainer