Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Philip Ashmore

Default yum docs help (seth vidal)

Hi there.

It would help me (and no doubt others as well) if you could add a
section on pup / yum-updatesd.
In my experience these seem to be doing do something network-related
outside of yum when determining if updates are available - all my repos
are local.

For example sometimes I get notified that "updates are available" via
pup / yum-updatesd KDE panel applet, but running "yum update" yields "no
updates available". I use rsync to synchronise my local repos to
(geographically) local internet mirrors and even these haven't changed,
leading me to suspect that the changes pup / yum-updatesd see haven't
even hit the local mirrors yet.

Philip Ashmore