FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Andrew Bartlett
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
for Fedora.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -
OpenChange)

This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
re-licensing).

I've got a feature page for this here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange

Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at
least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
way forward.

Any assistance gratefully received,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Jesse Barnes
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

On Monday, June 30, 2008 7:01 pm Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
> for Fedora.
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -
> OpenChange)
>
> This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
> clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
> re-licensing).
>
> I've got a feature page for this here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange
>
> Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
> alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at
> least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
> way forward.
>
> Any assistance gratefully received,

I've been really looking forward to this; how can I help? What's involved
with co-maintainership? At the very least I can help with testing and
such...

Thanks,
Jesse

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Andrew Bartlett
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 08:55 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Monday, June 30, 2008 7:01 pm Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
> > for Fedora.
> >
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -
> > OpenChange)
> >
> > This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
> > clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
> > re-licensing).
> >
> > I've got a feature page for this here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange
> >
> > Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
> > alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at
> > least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
> > way forward.
> >
> > Any assistance gratefully received,
>
> I've been really looking forward to this; how can I help? What's involved
> with co-maintainership? At the very least I can help with testing and
> such...

In terms of co-maintainership, perhaps best to ask this of others - I'm
new at this game too.

The next task is to rebuild kdepim against libmapi. Once you see the
kdepim spec file, it is a simple change, but it needs to be done on
rawhide. Knowing if this whole thing actually works would be really
valuable.

(I'll setup a rawhide KVM image in due course).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Jesse Barnes
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

On Tuesday, July 01, 2008 6:38 pm Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 08:55 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> > On Monday, June 30, 2008 7:01 pm Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > > I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
> > > for Fedora.
> > >
> > > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)
> > > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
> > > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -
> > > OpenChange)
> > >
> > > This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
> > > clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
> > > re-licensing).
> > >
> > > I've got a feature page for this here:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange
> > >
> > > Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
> > > alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at
> > > least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
> > > way forward.
> > >
> > > Any assistance gratefully received,
> >
> > I've been really looking forward to this; how can I help? What's
> > involved with co-maintainership? At the very least I can help with
> > testing and such...
>
> In terms of co-maintainership, perhaps best to ask this of others - I'm
> new at this game too.
>
> The next task is to rebuild kdepim against libmapi. Once you see the
> kdepim spec file, it is a simple change, but it needs to be done on
> rawhide. Knowing if this whole thing actually works would be really
> valuable.
>
> (I'll setup a rawhide KVM image in due course).

Ok, I'll pull down your specs and give them a try locally... I've gotta build
a rawhide image too.

Thanks,
Jesse

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

Jesse Barnes wrote:


I've been really looking forward to this; how can I help? What's involved
with co-maintainership? At the very least I can help with testing and
such...


If you are new to Fedora, get a Fedora account at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

Then sign up for co-maintaining the package at

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb

You might also want to refer the following documents

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/HowToGetSponsored
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/EncourageComaintainership

You can test the packages by using rawhide and providing feedback via
bugzilla or bodhi, the updates system at


https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates

Rahul



--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
"marcelo gobelli"
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

I am new to this game. I am willing to help if you need extra help maybe with testing....
marcelo

*
On 6/30/08, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@samba.org> wrote:
I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
for Fedora.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -

OpenChange)

This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
re-licensing).

I've got a feature page for this here:


https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange

Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at

least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
way forward.

Any assistance gratefully received,

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/

Authentication Developer, Samba Team********** http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com

https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list



--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Alexander Boström
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

tis 2008-07-01 klockan 12:01 +1000 skrev Andrew Bartlett:

> I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
> for Fedora.

I really appreciate the initiative here. I'd like to help with the
heimdal package, maybe the others as well. I'll go through the
ReviewGuidelines and post my findings in bugzilla but as neither of us
is sponsored it won't be a formal review.

/abo


--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Jesse Barnes
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

On Monday, June 30, 2008 7:01 pm Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
> for Fedora.
>
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -
> OpenChange)
>
> This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
> clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
> re-licensing).
>
> I've got a feature page for this here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange
>
> Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
> alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at
> least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
> way forward.
>
> Any assistance gratefully received,

Just pulled down the packages (including the alpha5 samba4 package) and
started building. I haven't got to the kde libraries yet (that build will
probably take awhile) but on the packages above, I found the following:

heimdal:
- openssl-devel depends on krb5-devel, but heimdal-devel conflicts with
krb5-devel; should it provide it or do we need a virtual provides for
krb5?
- heimdal seemed to be missing a file directive for the dir.gz info file
samba4:
- everything seems fine here so far...
libmapi:
- didn't list the popt requirement, so initially I built without it and the
packaging failed due to missing binaries (which required popt-devel)
- libmapi-devel should depend on libmapi-0.7... rather than
libmapi-libs-0.7...?

I've attached my spec file diffs in case you want to see (though now I see
you've already fixed the libmapi-libs problem I saw)...

Thanks for packaging this stuff, I really hope the MAPI Akonadi code works;
I'd *love* to ditch Outlook (it's the next best thing to escaping the
Exchange ghetto).

Thanks,
Jesse

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Jesse Barnes
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

On Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:54 pm Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Thanks for packaging this stuff, I really hope the MAPI Akonadi code works;
> I'd *love* to ditch Outlook (it's the next best thing to escaping the
> Exchange ghetto).

Ok, started building kdepim today, but ran into quite a few problems:
- profile*.cpp in openchange resource need to include KLocale
- samba-4.0/events.h shouldn't use C++ keywords as variable names
- lots of errors building openchange after fixing those things, along the
lines of:
ome/jbarnes/working/rpmbuild/BUILD/kdepim-4.0.84/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu/akonadi/resources/openchange/akonadi_oc_resource_automoc.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/QtCore/qdebug.h:53,
from /usr/include/QtCore/QDebug:2,
from /home/jbarnes/working/rpmbuild/BUILD/kdepim-4.0.84/akonadi/resources/openchange/ocresource.cpp:26:
/usr/include/QtCore/qtextstream.h:105: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
/usr/include/QtCore/qtextstream.h:106: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
/usr/include/QtCore/qtextstream.h:107: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token
/usr/include/QtCore/qtextstream.h:124: error: expected unqualified-id before '(' token

which again looks like a possible missing header problem? Dunno yet...

Jesse

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Andrew Bartlett
 
Default Help wanted with Samba4 and OpenChange

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 17:54 -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Monday, June 30, 2008 7:01 pm Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > I've recently been working on packaging Heimdal, Samba4 and OpenChange
> > for Fedora.
> >
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=452212 (heimdal)
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453083 (Samba4)
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=453395 (libmapi -
> > OpenChange)
> >
> > This will enable much better access to Microsoft Exchange servers from
> > clients such as kdepim, and hopefully Evolution (pending a
> > re-licensing).
> >
> > I've got a feature page for this here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/OpenChange
> >
> > Now, the reason I'm posting here is that I would rather not do this
> > alone, and would love some co-maintainers of the packagers above, or at
> > least some help with the review and sponsorship, or advise on the best
> > way forward.
> >
> > Any assistance gratefully received,
>
> Just pulled down the packages (including the alpha5 samba4 package) and
> started building. I haven't got to the kde libraries yet (that build will
> probably take awhile) but on the packages above, I found the following:
>
> heimdal:
> - openssl-devel depends on krb5-devel, but heimdal-devel conflicts with
> krb5-devel; should it provide it or do we need a virtual provides for
> krb5?

I'm not sure what the best way to handle this interaction is. This
build (due to the OpenSSL licence) avoids using OpenSSL as a build
depencency on Heimdal.

I'm also not sure if the OpenSSL dependency on krb5 is useful anyway -
but we might be stuck with it. (At one point it enabled an experimantal
krb5-in-SSL hack, which only OpenSSL supported).

> - heimdal seemed to be missing a file directive for the dir.gz info file
> samba4:
> - everything seems fine here so far...
> libmapi:
> - didn't list the popt requirement, so initially I built without it and the
> packaging failed due to missing binaries (which required popt-devel)
> - libmapi-devel should depend on libmapi-0.7... rather than
> libmapi-libs-0.7...?

Thanks. I'll look into it.

> I've attached my spec file diffs in case you want to see (though now I see
> you've already fixed the libmapi-libs problem I saw)...
>
> Thanks for packaging this stuff, I really hope the MAPI Akonadi code works;
> I'd *love* to ditch Outlook (it's the next best thing to escaping the
> Exchange ghetto).

Now what I really need is a sponsor, or packager willing to take this
effort over...

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett
http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team http://samba.org
Samba Developer, Red Hat Inc.
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org