Old 06-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Brian Pepple

Default FESCo Election Nominations

Hi all,

It's that time of year again (and yes, we're really going to have the
election this time). Everyone that wants to run for the next FESCo
needs to nominate him/herself for it by July 13th, 2008 0:00 UTC; that
self-nomination should contain some information's like "Mission
Statement, Past work summary and Future plans".

´╗┐FESCo handles the process of accepting new features, the acceptance of
new packaging sponsors, SIGs and SIG Oversight, the packaging process,
handling and enforcement of maintainer issues and other technical
matters related to the distribution and its construction.

It should be noted that this is the first FESCo election that reduces
the overall number of FESCo members to 9, down from 13. This is
important, as the smaller number of members will hopefully produce a bit
more competition for seats.

The actual election will start on Tuesday, July 15th, 2008 0:01 UTC and
will last until Monday, July 21st, 2008 23:59 UTC. The results will be
posted to the fedora-devel list. The first meeting of the "new" FESCo
will be on Thursday, July 24th, 2008 on #fedora-meeting at 17:00 UTC,
and a new chair will be elected.

´╗┐Please place your nomination on this page in the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

For more information regarding the election, please refer to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

Thanks,
/B

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BrianPepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Brian Pepple

Hi all,

This is a reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming FESCo
election is currently underway, and lasts until July 13th, 2008 0:00
UTC. If you wish to run for FESCo, please place your nomination on this
page in the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

For more information regarding the election, please refer to:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections

Thanks,
/B

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Bpepple
BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E

Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 16:40 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming FESCo
> election is currently underway, and lasts until July 13th, 2008 0:00
> UTC. If you wish to run for FESCo, please place your nomination on this
> page in the wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

Are you interested in trying to do open nominations this time?

That is, allow people to nominate someone else. Naturally, that person
would have to accept, signaled partially by filling out their nomination
page.

- Karsten

> For more information regarding the election, please refer to:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Policy/FESCoElections
>
> Thanks,
> /B
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41

Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Brian Pepple

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 14:30 -0700, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> Are you interested in trying to do open nominations this time?
>
> That is, allow people to nominate someone else. Naturally, that person
> would have to accept, signaled partially by filling out their nomination
> page.

FESCo did that in earlier elections, and we had people that we're
nominated by someone else, and then after being elected decided they
didn't want to serve on FESCo. If we can avoid that from occurring
again, I don't have any objections.

Does anyone else on FESCo have an opinion on this?

Later,

Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 PM
"Jon Stanley"

2008/7/8 Brian Pepple <bpepple@fedoraproject.org>:

> FESCo did that in earlier elections, and we had people that we're
> nominated by someone else, and then after being elected decided they
> didn't want to serve on FESCo. If we can avoid that from occurring
> again, I don't have any objections.

Speaking as a non-FESCo member, I wouldn't personally have a problem
with this (nor for the Board or any other election for that matter).
As was mentioned in the f-a-b thread, there are cultures and
individuals that don't "feel right" self-nominating. Personally I
would think that if the person did not want to serve, then they could
say so prior to the nomination deadline and have their nomination
withdrawn (or remove it from the wiki page themselves).

There's also nothing wrong with a little nudge to whomever you have in
mind - "I really think that you could be great on FESCo, why not
consider nominating yourself?".

$0.02
-Jon

Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Jesse Keating

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 19:12 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
> Does anyone else on FESCo have an opinion on this?

I'd be happy to see open nominations, provided that the nominee has to
accept the nomination before being put on the ballot.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom▓ is a feature!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Christian Iseli

On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:54:00 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I'd be happy to see open nominations, provided that the nominee has to
> accept the nomination before being put on the ballot.

Agreed,

Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Brian Pepple

On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 22:05 +0200, Christian Iseli wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 21:54:00 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > I'd be happy to see open nominations, provided that the nominee has to
> > accept the nomination before being put on the ballot.
>
> Agreed,

Ok, since we've had a couple of ack's and more importantly no objections
to having open nominations, let's go ahead and do it.

I've created a section on the page for people to nominate folks to
FESCo, and if the nominee accepts it, they can move their information to
the Candidates section (so I can easily know has accepted the
nomination).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Nominations#Nominations

Old 07-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Brian Pepple

Hi all,

This is the last reminder that the nomination period for the upcoming