Old 06-27-2008, 05:29 PM
Andrew Overholt

Default Who wants to take over the developer spin?

Hi,

I apologize but I just don't have the time to maintain the developer
spin. There's really no transition to be done since I always just
funnelled kickstart changes through Jeremy

I don't think it'll require much work, since the list of packages was
pretty decent when it was initially created for F8. I had assumed it
was going to be automatically done for Fedora 9 without changes but I
haven't kept up with the changes happening with spins and don't know the
current status.

Andrew

Old 06-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Andrew Overholt wrote:

Hi,

I apologize but I just don't have the time to maintain the developer
spin. There's really no transition to be done since I always just
funnelled kickstart changes through Jeremy

I don't think it'll require much work, since the list of packages was
pretty decent when it was initially created for F8. I had assumed it
was going to be automatically done for Fedora 9 without changes but I
haven't kept up with the changes happening with spins and don't know the
current status.

I will be working with Siddharth Upmanyu (cc'ed) who has volunteered to
start maintaining it.

Rahul

Old 06-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Andrew Overholt

> I will be working with Siddharth Upmanyu (cc'ed) who has volunteered to
> start maintaining it.

Thanks!

Andrew

Old 06-27-2008, 06:55 PM
"Colin Walters"

I apologize but I just don't have the time to maintain the developer

spin. *There's really no transition to be done since I always just

funnelled kickstart changes through Jeremy

Is there a way we could redesign it such that it was trivial to turn the regular desktop install into the full developer install?

The answer here might just be "comps" and some packagekit UI work.* Or are there other customizations besides the package set?

Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Andrew Overholt

* Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> [2008-06-27 14:55]:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I apologize but I just don't have the time to maintain the developer
> spin. There's really no transition to be done since I always just
> funnelled kickstart changes through Jeremy
>

> Is there a way we could redesign it such that it was trivial to turn the
> regular desktop install into the full developer install?
>
> The answer here might just be "comps" and some packagekit UI work. Or are
> there other customizations besides the package set?

There was one small customization beside the package set which could
easily be thrown away. Ideas were tossed around for the longer term
ideas like pre-set httpd for development, etc. but none of it came to
fruition.

Andrew

Old 06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
seth vidal

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 14:55 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I apologize but I just don't have the time to maintain the
> developer
> spin. There's really no transition to be done since I always
> just
> funnelled kickstart changes through Jeremy
>
> Is there a way we could redesign it such that it was trivial to turn
> the regular desktop install into the full developer install?
>
> The answer here might just be "comps" and some packagekit UI work. Or
> are there other customizations besides the package set?

The answer is just 'comps', yah.

yum groupinstall <whatever comps groups name>

-sv

Old 06-29-2008, 06:51 PM
"Siddharth Upmanyu"

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Andrew Overholt <overholt@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I will be working with Siddharth Upmanyu (cc'ed) who has volunteered to
>> start maintaining it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew

Hi Andrew
I'll be needing some kick off knowledge transfer from you before i can
catch up the slang, looking forward to it (as previous mails
mentioned,,, should'nt be much of a headache)

just for a start we dont have any mingw things anymore in F9?? (or
somethings have changed in Fedora regarding cross compiling?)

Thanks
Siddharth

Old 06-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Kevin Kofler

Siddharth Upmanyu <siddharth <at> techbugs.org> writes:
> just for a start we dont have any mingw things anymore in F9?? (or
> somethings have changed in Fedora regarding cross compiling?)

We never had any MinGW stuff in Fedora.

Kevin Kofler