Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Will Woods

Default comps.rng

If you check the 'comps' module in package CVS, you'll see the new file
comps.rng[1]. This is a RELAX NG[2] schema for validating the grammar of
our comps.xml files.

We're hoping to rig this up to the CVS checkin procedure to ensure that
all changes result in valid comps files. We're also going to use it as
part of the daily acceptance testing for Rawhide.

Nicolas Mailhot gets all the thanks for writing the schema - I just
checked it into CVS.

If anyone would care to comment on the undocumented[3] parts of comps -
especially what the heck metapkg is for and whether we need it - it
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-w

1 http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/comps/comps.rng?rev=1.1&view=log
2 http://relaxng.org/
3 Look for <a:documentation> tagged items in comps.rng to see what's
documented so far.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
seth vidal

On Thu, 2008-06-26 at 15:25 -0400, Will Woods wrote:
> If you check the 'comps' module in package CVS, you'll see the new file
> comps.rng[1]. This is a RELAX NG[2] schema for validating the grammar of
> our comps.xml files.
>
> We're hoping to rig this up to the CVS checkin procedure to ensure that
> all changes result in valid comps files. We're also going to use it as
> part of the daily acceptance testing for Rawhide.
>
> Nicolas Mailhot gets all the thanks for writing the schema - I just
> checked it into CVS.
>
> If anyone would care to comment on the undocumented[3] parts of comps -
> especially what the heck metapkg is for and whether we need it - it
> would be greatly appreciated.

1. groups cannot require other groups - only categories can require
groups:
so this section under 'group':

<define name="groupreqlist">
<element name="grouplist">
<oneOrMore>
<ref name="groupreq"/>
</oneOrMore>
</element>
</define>
<define name="groupreq">
<element name="groupreq">
<a:documentation>Other groups that this group requires.</a:documentation>
<ref name="groupname"/>
</element>
</define>

can be removed entirely.

2. basearchonly no longer exists and is no longer honored in comps. So
you can remove this section entirely, too:
<optional>
<attribute name="basearchonly" a:defaultValue="false">
<ref name="boolean"/>
</attribute>
</optional>

hope this helps.