FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Akio Takebe
 
Default Japanese keyboard issue

Hi, all

I'm using Fedora9 and Japanese keyboard(jp106).
If I use my keyboard on Xorg, "]" or "}" are change to "" or "|".
The keymaps seems to be wrong.

I could avoid this issue with the following way.

# vim ~/.Xmodmap
# cat ~/.Xmodmap
keycode 51 = bracketright braceright
# xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap

How should I fix this issue properly?

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Jens Petersen
 
Default Japanese keyboard issue

Akio Takebe さんは書きました:
> I'm using Fedora9 and Japanese keyboard(jp106).
> If I use my keyboard on Xorg, "]" or "}" are change to "" or "|".
> The keymaps seems to be wrong.
:
> How should I fix this issue properly?

Did you try setting Japanese keyboard with system-config-keyboard?

Jens

ps fedora-list is the right place to ask questions about releases.

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Akio Takebe
 
Default Japanese keyboard issue

Hi, Jens

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Akio Takebe wrote:
>
>> I'm using Fedora9 and Japanese keyboard(jp106).
>> If I use my keyboard on Xorg, "]" or "}" are change to "" or "|".
>> The keymaps seems to be wrong.
>>
> :
>
>> How should I fix this issue properly?
>>
>
> Did you try setting Japanese keyboard with system-config-keyboard?
>
>
yes, I did.

> Jens
>
> ps fedora-list is the right place to ask questions about releases
Thank you for your advise.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 AM
Jens Petersen
 
Default Japanese keyboard issue

Akio Takebe さんは書きました:
>>> I'm using Fedora9 and Japanese keyboard(jp106).
>>> If I use my keyboard on Xorg, "]" or "}" are change to "" or "|".
:
>>> How should I fix this issue properly?
>>>
>> Did you try setting Japanese keyboard with system-config-keyboard?
>>
> yes, I did.

Ok, you might try checking if you have XkbVariant in xorg.conf - someone
communicated that it might help.

Otherwise maybe check if you are not overriding the keyboard setting in
gnome or your desktop. If can you reproduce systematically with a fresh
user account, please file bug in bugzilla.

Jens

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Akio Takebe
 
Default Japanese keyboard issue

Akio Takebe wrote:
> Hi, Jens
>
> Jens Petersen wrote:
>
>> Akio Takebe wrote:
>>
>>
>>> I'm using Fedora9 and Japanese keyboard(jp106).
>>> If I use my keyboard on Xorg, "]" or "}" are change to "" or "|".
>>> The keymaps seems to be wrong.
>>>
>>>
>> :
>>
>>
>>> How should I fix this issue properly?
>>>
>>>
>> Did you try setting Japanese keyboard with system-config-keyboard?
>>
>>
>>
> yes, I did.
>
>
hmm... I did it with system-config-keyboard again.
this issue gone away.

FYI, the keymaps are below before I did it and after.

# xmodmap -pke |grep bar
keycode 51 = backslash bar
keycode 94 = less greater bar brokenbar bar brokenbar
keycode 133 = backslash bar
# system-config-keyboard
Loading /lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/jp106.map.gz
# xmodmap -pke |grep bar
keycode 133 = backslash bar

Anyway, thank you for your advice.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Akio Takebe
 
Default Japanese keyboard issue

Jens Petersen wrote:
> Akio Takebe wrote:
>
>>>> I'm using Fedora9 and Japanese keyboard(jp106).
>>>> If I use my keyboard on Xorg, "]" or "}" are change to "" or "|".
>>>>
> :
>
>>>> How should I fix this issue properly?
>>>>
>>>>
>>> Did you try setting Japanese keyboard with system-config-keyboard?
>>>
>>>
>> yes, I did.
>>
>
> Ok, you might try checking if you have XkbVariant in xorg.conf - someone
> communicated that it might help.
>
>
I don't have the value in it.

> Otherwise maybe check if you are not overriding the keyboard setting in
> gnome or your desktop. If can you reproduce systematically with a fresh
> user account, please file bug in bugzilla.
>
Certainly, I check the reproducing a little bits,
and would issue a bugzilla.

Best Regards,

Akio Takebe

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org