Old 06-16-2008, 04:06 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Names for F10

The Board is getting its votes in for F10 names -- to shorten the long
list to something we will send to Legal. However, we're still waiting
for a few folks to follow through. I expect all the votes to be in by
Wednesday evening (UTC). Please let me know if that is going to be too
big an impact on the Artwork schedule!

Old 06-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Josh Boyer

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:06:17 -0400
"Paul W. Frields" <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Board is getting its votes in for F10 names -- to shorten the long
> list to something we will send to Legal. However, we're still waiting
> for a few folks to follow through. I expect all the votes to be in by
> Wednesday evening (UTC). Please let me know if that is going to be too
> big an impact on the Artwork schedule!

To frame the context for the Art team a bit, I suspect it will take 3 -
5 days for Legal to return the final list of names, and then another
week for the actual vote to be held. So you're realistically looking
at another 2-3 weeks before a final name is chosen.

josh

Old 06-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Nicu Buculei

Paul W. Frields wrote:

The Board is getting its votes in for F10 names -- to shorten the long
list to something we will send to Legal. However, we're still waiting
for a few folks to follow through. I expect all the votes to be in by
Wednesday evening (UTC). Please let me know if that is going to be too
big an impact on the Artwork schedule!

Well, we have not defined yet the deadlines in our schedule [1], so I
guess we can define them is such a way to take this time into consideration.

And 3 weeks will put us around the F10 Alpha, which is not bad.

[1] - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes

Old 06-18-2008, 03:29 AM
ambrish dhaka

The Fedora must look towards world communityś goal for the century and can draw possible ideas for a name from sources such as millenium development goals, or climate change.
This F 10 shouldn't go into lining behind F 16 which is actually a war machine. So, try shift this to longer and stable production line beginning with Fedora Equator- this can be the final version for F 10, and then new series should begin.
Thanks for everbodyś patience
best wishes,
Ambrish Dhaka

Old 06-18-2008, 05:36 AM
Nicu Buculei

ambrish dhaka wrote:
The Fedora must look towards world communityś goal for the century and can draw possible ideas for a name from sources such as millenium development goals, or climate change.

I understand you are new here and probably not aware about schedule and
rules, but we are past the round of submitting name proposals. The
proposals were collected, they will be cleared by legal and after that
put for a public vote.

So: no new names at this point.

This F 10 shouldn't go into lining behind F 16 which is actually a war machine. So, try shift this to longer and stable production line beginning with Fedora Equator- this can be the final version for F 10, and then new series should begin.

Huh? F10 is Fedora version 10. In a few years we *will* get to a release
called F16.
It's up to us if we want to link it with the aircraft or not (I see a
few ways we can turn an interesting link) but the community will decide
at the right time.
Anyway, release names are words, I guess *any* release name could offend
*some* people, no matter what the name is.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Frank Murphy

On Wed, 2008-06-18 at 03:29 +0000, ambrish dhaka wrote:
> The Fedora must look towards world communityś goal for the century and can draw possible ideas for a name from sources such as millenium development goals, or climate change.
> This F 10 shouldn't go into lining behind F 16 which is actually a war machine. So, try shift this to longer and stable production line beginning with Fedora Equator- this can be the final version for F 10, and then new series should begin.
> Thanks for everbodyś patience
> best wishes,
> Ambrish Dhaka

The Fedora community get to submit names on the Fedora release(s), and
is voted on, then checked by a legal-dept, in case it's anyones tradmark
etc..

The art-group (newbie speakinh here) takes in to account the official
name. In the case of F9 Sulpher the yellow bits
http://fedoraproject.org/en/index

Personally I'm just worried too many names maybe taken from the Periodic
Table: F90.

That'll be a doozey.

Frank