Old 06-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Rex Dieter

Default Someone please take over these packages

Jon Ciesla wrote:

>> For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a
>> number
>> of packages. I've already tried to find new primary maintainers without
>> success, but I really can't justify any time spent on these packages any
>> longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and hopefully, someone picks them
>> up...
>>
>> emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
>> emerald-themes (themes for the above)
>> ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
>> numpy (numerical python)
>
> I'll be willing to take numpy, especially if you can suggest the direction
> you have in mind for 432194. If not, I'll take it anyway.

I can help comaint numpy, got quite a number of local faculty here that use
that.

-- Rex

Old 06-16-2008, 01:53 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> Jon Ciesla wrote:
>

>>> For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a
>>> number
>>> of packages. I've already tried to find new primary maintainers without
>>> success, but I really can't justify any time spent on these packages
>>> any
>>> longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and hopefully, someone picks them
>>> up...
>>>
>>> emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
>>> emerald-themes (themes for the above)
>>> ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
>>> numpy (numerical python)
>>
>> I'll be willing to take numpy, especially if you can suggest the
>> direction
>> you have in mind for 432194. If not, I'll take it anyway.
>
> I can help comaint numpy, got quite a number of local faculty here that
> use
> that.

Beauty. Done and done.

> -- Rex

novus ordo absurdum

Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Monday 16 June 2008 09:53:28 am Jon Ciesla wrote:

> >> I'll be willing to take numpy, especially if you can suggest the
> >> direction
> >> you have in mind for 432194. If not, I'll take it anyway.
> >
> > I can help comaint numpy, got quite a number of local faculty here that
> > use
> > that.
>
> Beauty. Done and done.

Excellent, thanks much guys.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 06-16-2008, 11:44 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
> I can help comaint numpy, got quite a number of local faculty here that use
> that.

FYI there is an upstream person... Jarrod Milkman... that I need to
re-ping who wants to take over both numpy and scipy long term. We just
have to get him through the sponsorship process.

-jef

Old 06-17-2008, 01:00 AM
"Steven Parrish"

I can take over conman and powerman.

Steven Parrish

Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@math.unl.edu> wrote:
>> I can help comaint numpy, got quite a number of local faculty here that
>> use
>> that.
>

> FYI there is an upstream person... Jarrod Milkman... that I need to
> re-ping who wants to take over both numpy and scipy long term. We just
> have to get him through the sponsorship process.

I will happily move to co-maintainer of numpy when that happens. Ping me
at that time.

> -jef

novus ordo absurdum

Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM
Kostas Georgiou

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:18:13AM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> ganglia (cluster monitoring software)

I can take ganglia if nobody else is interested.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Tuesday 17 June 2008 11:20:48 am Kostas Georgiou wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 09:18:13AM -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
>
> I can take ganglia if nobody else is interested.

Its all yours!

The only real thing to note with ganglia is that a 3.1.0 release is coming
Real Soon Now, and a pre-release snap has already been built in rawhide.
Looks like an RC1 snap might be posted this week.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 06-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Monday 16 June 2008 09:00:43 pm Steven Parrish wrote:
> I can take over conman and powerman.

Excellent, thanks much. Nothing to report in the way of any open bugs or
impending releases, I already pushed and built powerman 2.0 a few weeks ago
(iirc).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 06-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:18:13 -0400
jwilson@redhat.com (Jarod Wilson) wrote:

> For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a
> number of packages. I've already tried to find new primary
> maintainers without success, but I really can't justify any time
> spent on these packages any longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and
> hopefully, someone picks them up...
>
> emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
> emerald-themes (themes for the above)
> ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
> numpy (numerical python)
>
> I've also got the following packages for which I've yet to solicit
> new maintainers for that I am also intending to orphan Real Soon Now:
>
> conman (console management software)
> connect-proxy (helper to use ssh through socks/squid proxy)
> dircproxy (detachable irc proxy)
> powerman (power management software)
>
> I'll keep myself on the cc for bugzillas for all of the above, and
> will try to help with any bugs filed, personal free time permitting.
> Most of these are relatively low on time investment required to
> maintain them, but volume adds up, particularly given that I only
> actually use two of these packages on any sort of regular basis these
> days (conman and dircproxy).

I can take dircproxy, since I use it all the time...

kevin