Old 06-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Jarod Wilson

Default Someone please take over these packages

For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a number
of packages. I've already tried to find new primary maintainers without
success, but I really can't justify any time spent on these packages any
longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and hopefully, someone picks them up...

emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
emerald-themes (themes for the above)
ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
numpy (numerical python)

I've also got the following packages for which I've yet to solicit new
maintainers for that I am also intending to orphan Real Soon Now:

conman (console management software)
connect-proxy (helper to use ssh through socks/squid proxy)
dircproxy (detachable irc proxy)
powerman (power management software)

I'll keep myself on the cc for bugzillas for all of the above, and will try to
help with any bugs filed, personal free time permitting. Most of these are
relatively low on time investment required to maintain them, but volume adds
up, particularly given that I only actually use two of these packages on any
sort of regular basis these days (conman and dircproxy).

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com

Old 06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a
> number
> of packages. I've already tried to find new primary maintainers without
> success, but I really can't justify any time spent on these packages any
> longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and hopefully, someone picks them
> up...
>
> emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
> emerald-themes (themes for the above)
> ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
> numpy (numerical python)

I'll be willing to take numpy, especially if you can suggest the direction
you have in mind for 432194. If not, I'll take it anyway.

> I've also got the following packages for which I've yet to solicit new
> maintainers for that I am also intending to orphan Real Soon Now:
>
> conman (console management software)
> connect-proxy (helper to use ssh through socks/squid proxy)
> dircproxy (detachable irc proxy)
> powerman (power management software)
>
> I'll keep myself on the cc for bugzillas for all of the above, and will
> try to
> help with any bugs filed, personal free time permitting. Most of these are
> relatively low on time investment required to maintain them, but volume
> adds
> up, particularly given that I only actually use two of these packages on
> any
> sort of regular basis these days (conman and dircproxy).
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jwilson@redhat.com

novus ordo absurdum

Old 06-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Jarod Wilson

On Monday 16 June 2008 09:22:57 am Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > For a variety of reasons, I have to entirely give up involvement in a
> > number
> > of packages. I've already tried to find new primary maintainers without
> > success, but I really can't justify any time spent on these packages any
> > longer, so I must orphan them ASAP, and hopefully, someone picks them
> > up...
> >
> > emerald (compiz-fusion alternate windowing thingamajig)
> > emerald-themes (themes for the above)
> > ganglia (cluster monitoring software)
> > numpy (numerical python)
>
> I'll be willing to take numpy, especially if you can suggest the direction
> you have in mind for 432194. If not, I'll take it anyway.

I've not really got a clue what direction to take on that bug, but I really
haven't had any time to look into it -- which is directly related to why I
need to give up the package.

--
Jarod Wilson
jwilson@redhat.com