Old 06-13-2008, 01:13 AM
Jens Petersen

Default documenting process for packages renamed upstream

Is the process for renaming packages in fedora that have been renamed
upstream document on the wiki? I haven't been able to find any
description of our process in that case.

I think it happens often enough that the process should be written down.
As I understand it a new package review is not required in the case but
cvsadmin requests are needed to create the new package.

Jens

Old 06-15-2008, 07:29 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 11:13 +1000, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Is the process for renaming packages in fedora that have been renamed
> upstream document on the wiki? I haven't been able to find any
> description of our process in that case.
>
> I think it happens often enough that the process should be written down.
> As I understand it a new package review is not required in the case but
> cvsadmin requests are needed to create the new package.

If you don't find this, can you draft a page under User:Petersen,
then ... well, I suppose you submit it to the Packaging SIG? I think
that group all have ACLs to update Packaging(.*).

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41

Old 06-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Ville Skyttä

On Sunday 15 June 2008, Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-06-13 at 11:13 +1000, Jens Petersen wrote:
> > Is the process for renaming packages in fedora that have been renamed
> > upstream document on the wiki? I haven't been able to find any
> > description of our process in that case.
> >
> > I think it happens often enough that the process should be written down.
> > As I understand it a new package review is not required in the case but
> > cvsadmin requests are needed to create the new package.
>
> If you don't find this, can you draft a page under User:Petersen,
> then ... well, I suppose you submit it to the Packaging SIG? I think
> that group all have ACLs to update Packaging(.*).

Wouldn't the general renaming guideline apply?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Renaming.2Freplacing_existing_pac kages