Old 06-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Paul Howarth

Default Wiki URL Structure (Proposed Change #2): flatten page hierarchies

Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:

We want to encourage people to edit pages. Does having pages in nested
namespace make people feel as if, "Packaging/Foo must be owned by
Packaging, I better not touch this page"?

Unfortunate example. At least on the old wiki, Packaging/* had ACLs
preventing anybody outside the packaging committee from making changes
there, and if that's not the case in the new wiki, that's probably not
by design.

Paul.

Old 06-12-2008, 07:09 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 09:41 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Karsten 'quaid' Wade wrote:
> > We want to encourage people to edit pages. Does having pages in nested
> > namespace make people feel as if, "Packaging/Foo must be owned by
> > Packaging, I better not touch this page"?
>
> Unfortunate example. At least on the old wiki, Packaging/* had ACLs
> preventing anybody outside the packaging committee from making changes
> there, and if that's not the case in the new wiki, that's probably not
> by design.

Correct, unfortunate example that I picked randomly. The ACLs continue
to be in place, as they are on e.g. Legal. Just substitute any other
example that fits: SELinux, Art, Ambassadors, DocsProject, etc.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41