Old 06-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Gérard Milmeister

Default Need help with clisp on ppc

I was trying to build the latest clisp release 2.45 for F9+. i386 and
x86_64 seem fine, but again on ppc the fails. Could someone with ppc
experience look into this (ppc64 is still disabled, anyways). The
current spec is found in the F-9 cvs branch.

Regards,
gemi

Old 06-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:01:52 +0200
gemi@bluewin.ch (Gérard Milmeister) wrote:

> I was trying to build the latest clisp release 2.45 for F9+. i386 and
> x86_64 seem fine, but again on ppc the fails. Could someone with ppc
> experience look into this (ppc64 is still disabled, anyways). The
> current spec is found in the F-9 cvs branch.

I have a ppc32 rawhide machine here for just such testing/fixing.

If you send me a ssh key I would be happy to make you an account so
you could investigate. Or if there is anyone else in the cvsextras
group who wants to look, I would be happy to get them access as well.

I am planning on getting things setup so I can just have all the
cvsextras group people automagically have access to these test
machines. More news as I get it.

> Regards,
> gemi

kevin

Old 06-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Gérard Milmeister

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 10:21 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> If you send me a ssh key I would be happy to make you an account so
> you could investigate. Or if there is anyone else in the cvsextras
> group who wants to look, I would be happy to get them access as well.
I would rather have somebody with ppc experience look at it.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 AM
David Woodhouse

On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 22:57 +0200, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 10:21 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > If you send me a ssh key I would be happy to make you an account so
> > you could investigate. Or if there is anyone else in the cvsextras
> > group who wants to look, I would be happy to get them access as well.
> I would rather have somebody with ppc experience look at it.

I'll take a look at it, if nobody else has, just as soon as I'm done
with bug 450790 -- which is confusing the hell out of me, since we seem
to be crashing in a certain function without actually hitting the
breakpoint at the beginning of that function.

Although if I build with -finstrument-functions I _see_ the call to
__cyg_profile_func_enter() when we enter the damn function. Now I'm
starting to suspect gdb is toying with me...

--
dwmw2