Old 06-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Michael Schwendt

Default Fedora's GtkSpell -> Enchant customisation

Bugzilla Bug 245888: Make gtkspell support Enchant/Hunspell
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/245888

This patch is from December 2007 and is not included in the new GtkSpell 2.0.12
upstream update from May 2008. Has anything been done to get this accepted
upstream?

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux 2.6.23.15-137.fc8
loadavg: 1.60 1.25 0.92

Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 AM
Matthew Barnes

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 11:21 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Bugzilla Bug 245888: Make gtkspell support Enchant/Hunspell
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/245888
>
> This patch is from December 2007 and is not included in the new GtkSpell 2.0.12
> upstream update from May 2008. Has anything been done to get this accepted
> upstream?

>From GtkSpell's ChangeLog it looks like upstream suddenly sprang to life
last month after three years of dormancy. I had assumed the project was
abandoned. I'll try to contact the current maintainer (again) and see
if he's interested in merging our patches.

Matthew Barnes

Old 06-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Matthew Barnes

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 06:15 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> I'll try to contact the current maintainer (again) and see if he's
> interested in merging our patches.

Actually, having just downloaded the source and taken a closer look, it
appears the upstream author has already merged all our patches. So the
2.0.13 Rawhide package is patch-free.

Matthew Barnes