Old 06-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Patrice Dumas

Default many things disappeared from the wiki?

Hello,

Maybe I missed an annoucement, but there are things thtat were in the
old wiki that are not there anymore, or that cannot be found through the
search.

Is it normal?

--
Pat

Old 06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 09:41:28AM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Maybe I missed an annoucement, but there are things thtat were in the
> old wiki that are not there anymore, or that cannot be found through the
> search.
>
> Is it normal?

Looks like, unless previous search, the new search can only look at
complet element of a title, not part of the word, for example
PackagingDraft will return nothing while PackagingDrafts is right.

Is there a possibility to match substrings?

--
Pat

Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 AM
"Nicolas Mailhot"

Le Lun 9 juin 2008 09:41, Patrice Dumas a crit :
> Hello,
>
> Maybe I missed an annoucement, but there are things thtat were in the
> old wiki that are not there anymore, or that cannot be found through
> the search.
>
> Is it normal?

The wiki conversion was far from perfect or complete. I've been
looking at my SIG pages this weekend and they needed many manual
fixups (not all done despite many hours of work).

I don't think most Fedora contributors have realised what the
remaining volume of wiki cleanup is.

--
Nicolas Mailhot

Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 AM
Patrice Dumas

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 10:15:39AM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> The wiki conversion was far from perfect or complete. I've been
> looking at my SIG pages this weekend and they needed many manual
> fixups (not all done despite many hours of work).
>
> I don't think most Fedora contributors have realised what the
> remaining volume of wiki cleanup is.

I noticed that too. Many links have changed syntax, for example. But the
way search is performed is not likned with edition of the wiki, but some
kind of configuration.

--
Pat

Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM