FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-08-2008, 06:30 AM
"Peter Lemenkov"
 
Default Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

Hello All!
Seems that some folks didn't know yet about wolderful features,
provided to us by MediaWiki.

Some of them:

* Redirection pages. Almost all of us already have old userpages, but
after migrating to MediaWiki we all got new ones, named differently.
For sake of simplicity, you don't need to copypaste text from old page
to new (or vice versa) - just add redirection. For example, user Peter
has old page [[PeterLemenkov]]. He wants to merge the former and the
latter. For doint this he just edits page [[Peter]] and adds the only
message:

#REDIRECT [[PeterLemenkov]]

Thats all - every visitor of page [[Peter]] will be redirected to
[[PeterLemenkov]]. See latest edits - I already fixed som pages.

* Rich set of special pages.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Specialpages

Feel free to explore them. Among them you may find

List of users: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Listusers
Recent changes: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Recentchanges
Broken redirections: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:BrokenRedirects
Wanted pages: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Wantedpages (some
of these wanted pages are made by mistakes, probably)

Link:

[[LinkInFedoraWiki|Human readable name]]
[http://www.example.com external link]

You may vary link labes in the following way [[FedoraLink]]s. (Note
trailing 's').

As a adwanced mediawiki-user (since I'm an active contributor to
http://anticopyright.ru wiki-project) I will hope that this my little
post will be useful for those who has limited experience using Wiki


--
With best regards!

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-08-2008, 06:36 AM
"Peter Lemenkov"
 
Default Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

2008/6/8 Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com>:

> * Redirection pages. Almost all of us already have old userpages, but
> after migrating to MediaWiki we all got new ones, named differently.
> For sake of simplicity, you don't need to copypaste text from old page
> to new (or vice versa) - just add redirection. For example, user Peter
> has old page [[PeterLemenkov]]. He wants to merge the former and the
> latter. For doint this he just edits page [[Peter]] and adds the only
> message:
>
> #REDIRECT [[PeterLemenkov]]
>
> Thats all - every visitor of page [[Peter]] will be redirected to
> [[PeterLemenkov]]. See latest edits - I already fixed som pages.

Pages, which are good candidates for merging, can be found there:

List of users: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Listusers
List of lonely pages: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Lonelypages

I found that many users still didn't link their new login-name with
their old personal pages.

--
With best regards!

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-08-2008, 08:55 AM
"Yuan Yijun"
 
Default Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

2008/6/8 Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com>:
> Hello All!
> Seems that some folks didn't know yet about wolderful features,
> provided to us by MediaWiki.
>

Hi,

Then I'd thanks if you can solve my little problem here?
http://bbbush.livejournal.com/268337.html

--
bbbush ^_^

--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-09-2008, 03:49 PM
"Jerry James"
 
Default Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com> wrote:

Pages, which are good candidates for merging, can be found there:



List of users: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Listusers

List of lonely pages: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Lonelypages



I found that many users still didn't link their new login-name with

their old personal pages.


My page has very little content, so I just created my new page and copied the content over.* Now I can't figure out how to delete the old page.* Is there a good site where a mediawiki newbie like me can learn how to get around?

--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-10-2008, 04:27 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"
 
Default Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 09:49 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM, Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Pages, which are good candidates for merging, can be found
> there:
>
> List of users:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Listusers
>
> List of lonely pages:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Lonelypages
>
> I found that many users still didn't link their new login-name
> with
> their old personal pages.
>
> My page has very little content, so I just created my new page and
> copied the content over. Now I can't figure out how to delete the old
> page. Is there a good site where a mediawiki newbie like me can learn
> how to get around?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Editing

There is a link from there at the top of the page to deeper/richer
MediaWiki help.

What you are looking to do is to move your old UserName page to your new
User:Userid page. This plus a bit more is described here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraProject:Wiki_migration_to-do

The wiki gardening crew hangs out in #fedora-docs to help with all of
that.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Sr. Developer Community Mgr.
Dev Fu : http://developer.redhatmagazine.com
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 
Old 06-10-2008, 04:32 PM
"Karsten 'quaid' Wade"
 
Default Some highlights about MediaWiki for noobs :)

On Sun, 2008-06-08 at 10:30 +0400, Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> * Redirection pages. Almost all of us already have old userpages, but
> after migrating to MediaWiki we all got new ones, named differently.
> For sake of simplicity, you don't need to copypaste text from old page
> to new (or vice versa) - just add redirection. For example, user Peter
> has old page [[PeterLemenkov]]. He wants to merge the former and the
> latter. For doint this he just edits page [[Peter]] and adds the only
> message:
>
> #REDIRECT [[PeterLemenkov]]
>
> Thats all - every visitor of page [[Peter]] will be redirected to
> [[PeterLemenkov]]. See latest edits - I already fixed som pages.

Do you mean User:Lemenkov (or whatever your FAS user ID is)?

What I think you are looking to do is to do a 'move', which is a tab
at the top of the page when you are logged in. This sets up a redirect
automatically. The rest of this is described here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraProject:Wiki_migration_to-do

> * Rich set of special pages.

Thanks much for pointing out these feature pages to folks. MediaWiki
has many Special: pages that are great assistance to a community
documentation effort. Riding on MediaWiki/Wikipedia's experience in
pre-built wiki tooling is another benefit of this migration.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, Sr. Developer Community Mgr.
Dev Fu : http://developer.redhatmagazine.com
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41
--
fedora-devel-list mailing list
fedora-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-devel-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org