Old 06-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Steve Conklin

Default Orphaned packages not! (splat, gpsman, nec2c)

This is seriously screwed up.

I only gave up maintaining some security packages when I left Red Hat,
and I'm certainly still involved in Fedora and never intended to give up
these packages.

I didn't remove myself from these packages - someone else did it without
checking with me.

It was an accident, and I have no hard feelings toward anyone over this,
but I'm not happy that the package ownership process (or lack of one)
allowed this to happen so easily.

Having said that, if people are passionate about some of these and want
to pick them up, that's ok. If you don't really want them, I'll take
them back.

I've taken splat back, no one else got to it first.

I'm not terribly passionate about gpsman, it makes sense for Lucian to
have it, since he has another package that uses it. I don't even use
that package myself.

I'm interested in nec2c, I've also been working on xnec2c. Jeff, if you
want to keep that, I'd like to help maintain it.

Lastly, if you have an interest in amateur radio packages for fedora,
please check out and/or join the Fedora Ham SIG:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/AmateurRadio

Steve Conklin AI4QR