Old 06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
"Ahmed Kamal"

Default NFSv4 style ACLs on F10 ?

Hi,
Reading this blog entry
http://cuddletech.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=939
got me excited about NFSv4 style ACL entries. The NFSv4/ZFS combo of the solaris world both understand and implement this well it seems. My question is does Fedora support NFSv4 style ACLs on ext3 ?! If not is this planned?

Old 06-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Steve Dickson

Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> Hi,
> Reading this blog entry
> http://cuddletech.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=939
> got me excited about NFSv4 style ACL entries. The NFSv4/ZFS combo of the
> solaris world both understand and implement this well it seems. My
> question is does Fedora support NFSv4 style ACLs on ext3 ?! If not is
> this planned?
If I'm understanding your quetion... the answer is yes. See nfs4-acl-tools
for details.

steved.