-   -   Orphaned Packages (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-development/100909-orphaned-packages.html)

"Jeff Spaleta" 06-04-2008 07:37 PM

Orphaned Packages

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Steve Grubb <sgrubb@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just letting anyone interested know that these packages have been orphaned:
>
> gpsman -- GPS data manager
> nec2c -- a translation of the Numerical Electromagnetics Code (NEC2)
> splat -- Analyze point-to-point terrestrial RF communication links

reasons? Are these things still worth maintaining in your estimation?
Somehow I doubt splat and nec2c are redundant compared to other
functionality in the repo.

-jef"too bad splat is 20 MHz or higher... I work in the 10 to 20 MHz
range"spaleta

"Jeff Spaleta" 06-04-2008 07:52 PM

Orphaned Packages

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@gmail.com> wrote:
>> nec2c -- a translation of the Numerical Electromagnetics Code (NEC2)

I can definitely pick up nec2c. I'll adjust packagedb today to reflect that.

-jef

Jesse Keating 06-04-2008 08:23 PM

Orphaned Packages

> reasons?

The person who previously owned them is no longer with the project.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom is a feature!

Steve Grubb 06-04-2008 09:56 PM

Orphaned Packages

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 15:37:22 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Just letting anyone interested know that these packages have been
> > orphaned:
> >
> > gpsman -- GPS data manager
> > nec2c -- a translation of the Numerical Electromagnetics Code (NEC2)
> > splat -- Analyze point-to-point terrestrial RF communication links
>
> reasons? *Are these things still worth maintaining in your estimation?

As Jesse mentioned the previous maintainer (not me) is no longer working on
Fedora software. I have no idea if these are worth maintaining. My team
focuses on security features and I was unaware that we even had these
packages. So, they don't fit our mission, but others might find them useful. TIA
to anyone picking up these packages.

-Steve

Lucian Langa 06-05-2008 05:34 AM

Orphaned Packages

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 17:56 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 June 2008 15:37:22 Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > > Just letting anyone interested know that these packages have been
> > > orphaned:
> > >
> > > gpsman -- GPS data manager
> > > nec2c -- a translation of the Numerical Electromagnetics Code (NEC2)
> > > splat -- Analyze point-to-point terrestrial RF communication links
> >
> > reasons? Are these things still worth maintaining in your estimation?

I will take gpsman, as I have other package that depends on it.

Parag N(पराग़) 12-08-2009 09:33 AM

orphaned packages

Hi,
I have orphaned 2 packages and have plans to retire them from rawhide.

1) Since last 3 years I am the maintainer for scanbuttond package. I
have one RFE bug open for this package but didn't get time to work on
it as I have no scanner with me to work on it. This package has not
seen any upstream release since its initial version in fedora 0.2.3
which was released in 2006-02-17. Now I have orphaned it and thinking
there should not be any peoples using it.

2) v4l2-tool package is also orphaned. I am the upstream developer as
well as Fedora package maintainer for this. I have stopped development
on this as I have no time and no webcam device to work on. The last
upstream release for this packages was on 28 august 2007.

In case someone is still using these packages and want to maintain
them then please follow
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orphaned_package_that_need_new_maintainers#Claimin g_Ownership_of_an_Orphaned_Package_Procedure.

Regards,
Parag.

Andrea Scarpino 02-10-2010 01:35 AM

orphaned packages

Hi TUs,
this is not the Daniel list.
Only to let you know that I orphaned these packages:

bin2iso
ccd2iso
devede
gtk-engine-murrine
gtk-kde4
ibam
iftop
imdbpy
mdf2iso
mmpython
murrine-themes-collection
nrg2iso
pypanel
subdownloader
tora

free to take them.

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino
Arch Linux Developer

Daenyth Blank 02-10-2010 01:48 AM

orphaned packages

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 21:35, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org> wrote:
> iftop
Adopted

Farhan Yousaf 02-10-2010 02:26 AM

orphaned packages

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Andrea Scarpino <andrea@archlinux.org>wrote:

> Hi TUs,
> this is not the Daniel list.
> Only to let you know that I orphaned these packages:
>
> bin2iso
> ccd2iso
> devede
> gtk-engine-murrine
> gtk-kde4
> ibam
> iftop
> imdbpy
> mdf2iso
> mmpython
> murrine-themes-collection
> nrg2iso
> pypanel
> subdownloader
> tora

I will adopt some too.

Thanks,

Farhan

Andrea Scarpino 02-10-2010 02:28 AM

orphaned packages

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 04:26:08 Farhan Yousaf wrote:
> I will adopt some too.
ATM they are still in [community].

--
Andrea `bash` Scarpino