Old 09-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Stepan Kasal

Default orphaned packages

Hello,
I have orphaned many packages today, as I have no longer any
capacities to conptribute to Fedora.
Full list follows below, please let me mention some of the packages
first:

- halevt -- should be phased out; any volunteer that has read the
End-of-life page on wiki?

- perl-* many of these are actually the EPEL branches only; I was not
able to filter them to a separate list...

- specspo -- that would make use of a lot of love; preferably
from someone who uses localized Fedora and/or most of the package
managers du jour, not only yum, if any. (Actually, I wonder if
there are any people who use a non-English locale and install
packages through package managers, as I suppose that this
combination must have bit rotten through the years of my
non-maintanence...)
This is a gettext message catalogue of all the summary lines and
description of packages from all the spec files; the idea is that
all the package managers, from rpm, including yum, up to the GUI
one(s) would use gettext tomap the original US English strings to
a localized copy.

I wish all the best to Fedora.

Stepan

Here is the list of orphaned packages:

halevt
Xaw3d -- A version of the MIT Athena widget set for X
asa -- Convert Fortran carriage control characters
bibexport -- Extract entries from BibTeX and .aux files
bitmap -- Bitmap editor and converter utilities for the X Window System
bmake -- The NetBSD make(1) tool
brltty -- Braille display driver for Linux/Unix
fig2ps -- Utility for converting xfig pictures to PS/PDF
flpsed -- WYSIWYG pseudo PostScript editor
intuitively -- Automatic IP detection utility
libsx -- Simple X library
mk-files -- Support files for bmake, the NetBSD make(1) tool
ooo2txt -- Convert OpenOffice documents to simple text
perl-Archive-Tar -- A module for Perl manipulation of .tar files
perl-BSD-Resource -- BSD process resource limit and priority functions
perl-Compress-Raw-Bzip2 -- Low-Level Interface to bzip2 compression library
perl-Compress-Raw-Zlib -- Low-Level Interface to the zlib compression library
perl-Compress-Zlib -- A module providing Perl interfaces to the zlib compression library
perl-Date-Manip -- A Perl module containing a wide variety of date manipulation routines
perl-Devel-Symdump -- A Perl module for inspecting Perl's symbol table
perl-File-MMagic -- A Perl module emulating the file(1) command
perl-HTML-Parser -- Perl module for parsing HTML
perl-IO-Compress-Base -- Base Class for IO::Compress modules
perl-IO-Compress-Bzip2 -- Perl interface to allow reading and writing of bzip2 data
perl-IO-Compress-Zlib -- Perl interface to allow reading and writing of gzip and zip data
perl-IO-Zlib -- Perl IO:: style interface to Compress::Zlib
perl-Inline -- Inline Perl module
perl-Inline-Files -- Allows for multiple inline files in a single perl file
perl-Math-Vec -- Perl Math::Vec module
perl-Net-IP -- Perl module for manipulation of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
perl-PDL -- The Perl Data Language
perl-Parse-RecDescent -- Parse-RecDescent Perl module
perl-SVN-Simple -- A simple interface for writing a delta editor
perl-String-CRC32 -- Perl interface for cyclic redundancy check generation
perl-Text-CSV_XS -- Comma-separated values manipulation routines
perl-TimeDate -- A Perl module for time and date manipulation
perl-XML-Simple -- Easy API to maintain XML in Perl
perl-XML-XPath -- XPath parser and evaluator for Perl
plotutils -- GNU vector and raster graphics utilities and libraries
specspo -- Fedora package descriptions, summaries, and groups.
----<end-of-the-list>----

Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 AM
Hans de Goede

Hi,

On 09/17/2011 12:26 AM, Stepan Kasal wrote:

> Hello,

<snip>

> Here is the list of orphaned packages:
>
> Xaw3d -- A version of the MIT Athena widget set for X
> fig2ps -- Utility for converting xfig pictures to PS/PDF

I've taken these 2.

Regards,

Hans

Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Michal Nowak

I've just orphaned following packages:

* xcb-util
* gnome-colors-icon-theme (and retired)
* khmeros-fonts
* kurdit-unikurd-web-fonts
* libev
* libxdg-basedir
* monkeysphere (I guess Bernie needs co-maintainer)

Feel free to take them.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Johannes Lips

Why did you retire gnome-colors-icon-theme?

Old 11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Peter Robinson

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Johannes Lips
<johannes.lips@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Why did you retire gnome-colors-icon-theme?

They're not retired, they're orphaned. It means he doesn't have time
to maintain them or doesn't use them anymore. Package maintainers that
are interested are able to pick up the maintenance of them if they are
interested in them or use them.

Peter

Old 11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Johannes Lips

Well he stated otherwise in his initial e-mail. I didn't have a look at the pkgdb yet, so it might be different actually.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:09 PM
"Jon Ciesla"

> I've just orphaned following packages:
>
> * xcb-util
> * gnome-colors-icon-theme (and retired)
> * khmeros-fonts

I took this, I need it for Moodle.

-J

> * kurdit-unikurd-web-fonts
> * libev
> * libxdg-basedir
> * monkeysphere (I guess Bernie needs co-maintainer)
>
> Feel free to take them.

in your fear, seek only peace
in your fear, seek only love

-d. bowie

Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Mathieu Bridon

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 11:28 +0100, Michal Nowak wrote:
> I've just orphaned following packages:
> * libev

Just took this, as I was already a co-maintainer.

--
Mathieu

Old 11-29-2011, 01:38 PM
Adam Jackson

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 11:28 +0100, Michal Nowak wrote:
> I've just orphaned following packages:
>
> * xcb-util

Taken. Thanks for looking after it!

- ajax