Old 06-04-2008, 02:51 PM
"Sergio Pascual"

Default Bind mounts with fedora 9

Hello, with fedora < 9, I could make bind mounts adding a line like
this in /etc/fstab
/srv/db/mysql /var/lib/mysql bind defaults,bind 0 0

But this seems not to work in fedora == 9. During boot, "Mounting
local filesystems" fails and "Mounting other filesystems" fails also
and only mounts bind directories read-only. After boot, I can mount
everything with mount -a
Is this behavior intended?

Regards, Sergio

Old 06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Kostas Georgiou

On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 04:51:15PM +0200, Sergio Pascual wrote:

> Hello, with fedora < 9, I could make bind mounts adding a line like
> this in /etc/fstab
> /srv/db/mysql /var/lib/mysql bind defaults,bind 0 0
>
> But this seems not to work in fedora == 9. During boot, "Mounting
> local filesystems" fails and "Mounting other filesystems" fails also
> and only mounts bind directories read-only. After boot, I can mount
> everything with mount -a
> Is this behavior intended?

I think it's selinux getting in the way, if it is the error messages
will be in /var/log/messages since everything happens before auditd
has started so they are easy to miss.
Try with the allow_mount_anyfile boolean enabled for a fix.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Paul Howarth

Kostas Georgiou wrote:

Hello, with fedora < 9, I could make bind mounts adding a line like
this in /etc/fstab
/srv/db/mysql /var/lib/mysql bind defaults,bind 0 0

But this seems not to work in fedora == 9. During boot, "Mounting
local filesystems" fails and "Mounting other filesystems" fails also
and only mounts bind directories read-only. After boot, I can mount
everything with mount -a
Is this behavior intended?

I think it's selinux getting in the way, if it is the error messages
will be in /var/log/messages since everything happens before auditd
has started so they are easy to miss.
Try with the allow_mount_anyfile boolean enabled for a fix.

Or:
# umount /var/lib/mysql
# chcon -t mnt_t /var/lib/mysql
# service netfs start

(the last command does the mount whilst confined by selinux, whilst the
"mount -a" run directly is not so confined).

Paul.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:45 AM
"Sergio Pascual"

Hello

2008/6/4 Paul Howarth <paul@city-fan.org>:
> Or:
> # umount /var/lib/mysql
> # chcon -t mnt_t /var/lib/mysql
> # service netfs start

This can't be, because /var/lib/mysql has to be mysqld_db_t in order to work

Old 06-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Paul Howarth

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:45:29 -0400
"Sergio Pascual" <sergio.pasra@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> 2008/6/4 Paul Howarth <paul@city-fan.org>:
> > Or:
> > # umount /var/lib/mysql
> > # chcon -t mnt_t /var/lib/mysql
> > # service netfs start
> >

> This can't be, because /var/lib/mysql has to be mysqld_db_t in order
> to work

Yes it can. The mount point should be mnt_t so that it can have
something mounted on it, and then the filesystem that is mounted there
has a context type of mysqld_db_t at its top level so everything works
as normal. That is why I suggested unmounting the filesystem before
fixing the label, and then re-mounting it (as "service netfs start"
would do, emulating the boot process).

Paul.