Old 06-03-2008, 10:11 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default State of fedoratv.com?

Hi,
I searched and haven't find any discussions regarding fedoratv.com and
what is going on with it because it looks as frontend hasn't had any
changes. How to get an account and upload videos to fedoratv? Why does
fedoratv have a .com instead of .org ?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Valent Turkovic
<valent.turkovic@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I searched and haven't find any discussions regarding fedoratv.com and
> what is going on with it because it looks as frontend hasn't had any
> changes. How to get an account and upload videos to fedoratv? Why does
> fedoratv have a .com instead of .org ?
>
> Cheers,
> Valent.

I tried creating an account and I can't.
Is this project abandoned? If I would like to make fedora video
podcasts and upload them where do you suggest and in what format?

Cheers,
Valent.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Nicu Buculei

Valent Turkovic wrote:

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Valent Turkovic

I searched and haven't find any discussions regarding fedoratv.com and
what is going on with it because it looks as frontend hasn't had any
changes. How to get an account and upload videos to fedoratv? Why does
fedoratv have a .com instead of .org ?

I tried creating an account and I can't.
Is this project abandoned? If I would like to make fedora video
podcasts and upload them where do you suggest and in what format?

Read this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-May/msg00294.html

Old 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Till Maas

On Wed June 4 2008, Valent Turkovic wrote:

> I tried creating an account and I can't.
> Is this project abandoned? If I would like to make fedora video
> podcasts and upload them where do you suggest and in what format?

The video codec that fits best to Fedora is OGG Theora or Dirac with OGG
Vorbis Audio. For OGG Theora there exists also a Java Applet that users can
watch the video with. This is why I would prefer Theora over Dirac.

I do not know a better place to upload them than your fedorapeople webspace.

Regards,
Till